Thread: MB rod help

MB rod help

Will a F3-610X Hein handle 1/4 oz jigs plus trailer and is it sensitive? Looking for a rod to do light jigs and plastics and also not be too stiff for Vision 110’s. I’m looking at the Destroyer line
    sj7moore@gmail.com

2. Member
    The Hein can handle the weight fine but to me feels somewhat soft for a jig , I use mine for finesse plastics, small swimbaits , smaller topwater , and small/mid sized cranks, have never thrown a 110 on mine personally but the description says it can be used . as far as sensitivity (always subjective) I find it to be very sensitive and a Very fun rod to fish with .
    A rod to consider (if you come across one for sale) is the 2017 destroyer oneten special , It works well with finesse jigs and lighter t-rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Shug9390 View Post
    The Hein can handle the weight fine but to me feels somewhat soft for a jig , I use mine for finesse plastics, small swimbaits , smaller topwater , and small/mid sized cranks, have never thrown a 110 on mine personally but the description says it can be used . as far as sensitivity (always subjective) I find it to be very sensitive and a Very fun rod to fish with .
    A rod to consider (if you come across one for sale) is the 2017 destroyer oneten special , It works well with finesse jigs and lighter t-rigs
    Thanks man! This is Desteoyer line but is full price. Weighing if I want to get over a Loomis or Phenix K2
    sj7moore@gmail.com

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I have the "new Hein", P5 Bait Finesse, and I wouldn't use it for bottom contact jigging or a 110. However, I do use it for a 1/8 Okashira Screwhead which has a very light wire hook and even though it was just a couple of casts off the dock, I'll use it for a 110 Jr as well.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Ok thanks man
    sj7moore@gmail.com

6. Member
    The Destroyer Hein and the P5 bait finesse are not the same rod. The Hein is faster. The Hein will do fine with light jigs and plastic. (I would get the P5 x-bites myself). I would not throw a 110 on either one of them. The P5 bait finesse shines with light swimbaits, light crankbaits, and the 110 jr. Does a fine job with weightless wacky rigged. (Again I would get the x-bites for light bottom contact). Good luck. All of them are phenomenal rods for what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    The Destroyer Hein and the P5 bait finesse are not the same rod. The Hein is faster. The Hein will do fine with light jigs and plastic. (I would get the P5 x-bites myself). I would not throw a 110 on either one of them. The P5 bait finesse shines with light swimbaits, light crankbaits, and the 110 jr. Does a fine job with weightless wacky rigged. (Again I would get the x-bites for light bottom contact). Good luck. All of them are phenomenal rods for what they do.
    the Destroyer Hein I’m looking at is in the JDM Destroyer series. I take it it’s the same power of the P5 Destroyer line?
    sj7moore@gmail.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s_moore View Post
    the Destroyer Hein I’m looking at is in the JDM Destroyer series. I take it it’s the same power of the P5 Destroyer line?
    Yes they are both a F3 power but they are not the same rod.

[QUOTE=fishon!sc;11838517]Yes they are both a F3 power but they are not the same rod.[/QUOTE

Is the Hein basically a Loomis 842/852 power?
    Last edited by s_moore; 04-24-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    sj7moore@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    I ordered one today found one stateside at a retailer. I really want to try the X-bites as I throw 90% finesse jigs, tubes, and senkos, but I needed something a little shorter and less powerful that could handle dropshot, 110’s, and any lighter casting rod stuff. Thanks for the help! Is there much difference between the carbon head version and regular Destroyer Hein? I couldn’t justify the extra $50. Thanks
    sj7moore@gmail.com

Just got my Hein...tip and top half are spot on with what I want, but there’s no real lock up point on the butt, it’s flexible all the way down. Does MB have a similar sensitive rod maybe a half power to power stouter 6’8-7’? Thanks
    sj7moore@gmail.com

12. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Perhaps the P5 F4 Cyclone? Not sure about the jigs and t-rigs but it's a 6'6" rod for treble hook baits so it might be able to do double duty. Send bronzefly a PM and see what he thinks.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax