Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    I saw that article yesterday and 27" or not, IMO that is not a double digit bass. Of course, it's the old argument regarding determining the size of a fish from a photo.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Member
    Dave Figura does a nice job but that article shouldve been about a man a caught a pretty nice bass.

Most regions of ny, including that one, are catch and release this time of year.

Maybe it's true but I measure the length on all my big bass, including a good number of 6s and a few 7s. Longest one didnt break 22". 27" are the biggest Florida strain numbers on big teeners and unless that guy is a giant that's the mouth of a 5-6 lber and not a super thick body.

Nonetheless, nice catch but Dave probably shouldn't have run an article about breaking the state record bass without any actual measurements.

4. Member
    There’s no way it’s over 11.. I’d be very surprised if it’s even over 8lbs. That photo might not do the fish justice but the mouth, girth, and length all seem to resemble one around the 6-8 mark.. heck the eyes weren’t even bugging out.

it’s still a very very nice fish and probably bigger than any fish I’ve ever caught but I’d bet the house it’s not 11.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    There’s no way it’s over 11.. I’d be very surprised if it’s even over 8lbs. That photo might not do the fish justice but the mouth, girth, and length all seem to resemble one around the 6-8 mark.. heck the eyes weren’t even bugging out.

it’s still a very very nice fish and probably bigger than any fish I’ve ever caught but I’d bet the house it’s not 11.
    Looks like a 8 to 8.5. 100 percent its not 27 inches if it was on a measuring board sure not adding it up on " package of hooks that have a 10 inch ruler" ... 100 percent not a state record, not even close. Im shocked Dave would even put something like that out.... attention piece for him.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 04-22-2021 at 07:34 PM.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Attachment 449540

true 11 pound bass so you be the judge