Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Day #1, Fork Elites

Already 5 over 5lbs. in the books. Couple are over 7. Son!

2. Member
    Drew Cook is flipping at one over 10lbs right now. This tourney is going to be insane!
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

I figured it was gonna be a slugfest. I think Fork is gonna show out this week.

Scrub lake
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

5. Member
    Walters with 2 7's already...this is going to be fun to watch.

The only thing I don't like about this event is since they weigh as they go the weigh in isn't as exciting. I like the excitement and anticipation of not knowing exactly what they have for weight
    Fish have fins, they swim

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Walters with 2 7's already...this is going to be fun to watch.

The only thing I don't like about this event is since they weigh as they go the weigh in isn't as exciting. I like the excitement and anticipation of not knowing exactly what they have for weight
    Sadly, I do not have Walters on my fantasy team.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Sadly, I do not have Walters on my fantasy team.
    I don't either, but I do have him on my drain the lake roster

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    I don't either, but I do have him on my drain the lake roster
    Cool, good luck, I haven't tried the drain the lake thing yet.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Cool, good luck, I haven't tried the drain the lake thing yet.
    It just started this event...I will say it takes some thought as to who to take each event and keeping track of who you used already

10. Member
    [QUOTE=Mark Perry;11835818]I figured it was gonna be a slugfest. I think Fork is gonna show out this week.[/QUOTE

Probably will because it usually does. Of course we pay attention to the big winning weight. For me, the success will be what the bottom 25 weigh in. I've been out all week and its been a grind. Most of the guides I know are all saying how tough its been fishing. Will see how the weather Friday effects things. Yesterday, I had to knock ice off my windshield before I drove to the lake. To me, this year with all the crazy weather, the lake just isn't fishing as it usually does. That said, of course there will be some monster sack weighed just because Fork still has the bigs. Most of the pros I talked to yesterday were talking about how tough it is. Some were probably telling the truth.

11. Member
    [QUOTE=Big C;11835902]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I figured it was gonna be a slugfest. I think Fork is gonna show out this week.[/QUOTE

Probably will because it usually does. Of course we pay attention to the big winning weight. For me, the success will be what the bottom 25 weigh in. I've been out all week and its been a grind. Most of the guides I know are all saying how tough its been fishing. Will see how the weather Friday effects things. Yesterday, I had to knock ice off my windshield before I drove to the lake. To me, this year with all the crazy weather, the lake just isn't fishing as it usually does. That said, of course there will be some monster sack weighed just because Fork still has the bigs. Most of the pros I talked to yesterday were talking about how tough it is. Some were probably telling the truth.
    PROS telling the Truth before a T......

[QUOTE=Big C;11835902]
    I figured it was gonna be a slugfest. I think Fork is gonna show out this week.[/QUOTE

I have a place on Fork and fish it often. Usually 75-100 days a year. Its been right on the cusp of getting really, really good. Some of these guys are more talented than some of us and they will get a lot more weight out of it than the average angler. Fork does not always show out, often its incredibly tough but they are hitting it about perfectly. The bottom 25 from any Elite event are usually the guys that struggled. I don't think its indicative of much more than showing who struggled in that event. As this morning is showing that front did not shut them down. Bad lakes do not kick out that amount of 5lb plus fish in less than an hour. Plenty of big fish on beds and locked down. Weights should be good.

Sitting at my deck and watching on the Fire Box..

[QUOTE=Mark Perry;11835927]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big C View Post

I have a place on Fork and fish it often. Usually 75-100 days a year. Its been right on the cusp of getting really, really good. Some of these guys are more talented than some of us and they will get a lot more weight out of it than the average angler. Fork does not always show out, often its incredibly tough but they are hitting it about perfectly. The bottom 25 from any Elite event are usually the guys that struggled. I don't think its indicative of much more than showing who struggled in that event. As this morning is showing that front did not shut them down. Bad lakes do not kick out that amount of 5lb plus fish in less than an hour. Plenty of big fish on beds and locked down. Weights should be good.
    Walters has already broken the 20 lb. mark, Kenta Kimura now has 21. Cobb with 19. Sure looks like you are right about the big bags. On the flip side however, there are some big names still at zero. Still very early of course.

[QUOTE=Mark Perry;11835927]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big C View Post

Are there spots on the lake with poor cell service? Everyone has a Marshall to weigh their fish, but if the Marshall can't send the text in with weights I guess some guys might still show No Activity on Basstrak. I have Cox and Combs on my Fantasy team, starting to get nervous

[QUOTE=tcbass;11836028]

Are there spots on the lake with poor cell service? Everyone has a Marshall to weigh their fish, but if the Marshall can't send the text in with weights I guess some guys might still show No Activity on Basstrak. I have Cox and Combs on my Fantasy team, starting to get nervous

Yes. So.e sketchy spots cell coverage wise. Those shallow guys are gonna have to figure a way to catch them both shallow and deeper. I don't think it can be won fishing either or.

17. Member
    This has been some great live footage so far

Walters with 29 lbs.

Just wait till the sun is out and they can really look at them.

20. Member
    There are some very sketchy cell service spots. Be interesting to see how they do with the sight fish knowing the pressure those bed fish have seen over the last month.
    BassCat PIII
    Mercury 200 EFI

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast