Does anyone know?

I am heading to Ky. Lake. a buddy told me that he thought you needed to carry flares on the boat there. I can't find anything on line, any locals know?

Thanks!

Not that I’m aware of, been many times but never been checked or are if I had them.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

3. Member
    No, they are not required equipment.

4. Member
    Even if it was illegal you’ll never get checked. You never see a game warden until you get to Tennessee. I’ve lived on and fished Kentucky a lot the last 20 years and have never been checked by a KY game warden.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Hate to spend the money if they are not required. They expire way too fast.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate it. Hate to spend the money if they are not required. They expire way too fast.
    No sir not required in Ky and yes there are game wardens out there watching from a distance (in Ky) ask me how i know

I must look like a criminal. I’ve been checked 3 times already this year. No flares are not required as already stated. But make sure your fire extinguisher is still charged and that you have a throwable.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    I must look like a criminal. I’ve been checked 3 times already this year. No flares are not required as already stated. But make sure your fire extinguisher is still charged and that you have a throwable.
    Yes sir they will look at your gauge on that fire extinguisher also.