Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If there were ever a true statement.....

MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    Outstanding, sounds like my wife!!

3. Member

Good job. thanks for the funny

5. Member
    I had that exact same conversation with my wife last night but on a different subject...

6. Member

7. Member
    True!
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    That's for sure it's like being interrogated under hot lights so you almost want to make up some answers to get it to end.

My wife was involved in a lot of community events and organizations she belonged to over the years. Someone also involved in would call when she wasn't home to ask about something related to one of their projects that I had no knowledge of.

I would try to be polite volunteering to take a message telling them she would call when she got home. Some of them refused to take that for an answer were bound and determined they'd get an answer so the interrogation continued to in spite of having no idea what they were talking about.

One particular lady caught me right when I got home from work after a long day the wife was at a school event. I told this pushy woman twenty times I didn't know the answer to her questions relating the fact that I had my own work and outside interests so couldn't possibly keep up with all of hers.

She got about half offended and said "Well do you and your wife ever do anything together?" I said yes how do you think we got those two children? That brought the conversation to a quick halt as while she was at a loss for words I hung up.
    Last edited by Hoot; 04-22-2021 at 09:05 AM.

9. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    That's for sure it's like being interrogated under so you almost want to make up some answers to get it to end.

My wife was involved in a lot of community events and organizations she belonged to over the years someone also involved in would call when she wasn't home to ask about something related to one of their projects that I had no knowledge of.

I would try to be polite volunteering to take a message telling them she would call when she got home but some of them refused to take that for an answer were bound and determined they'd get an answer so the interrogation continued to in spite of having no idea what they were talking about.

One particular lady caught me right when I got home from work after a long day the wife was at a school event told this pushy woman twenty times I didn't know relating the fact that I had my own work and outside interests so couldn't possibly keep up with all of hers.

She got about half offended and said "Well do you and your wife ever do anything together?" I said yes how do you think we got those two children? That brought the conversation to a quick halt as while she was at a loss for words I hung up.
    For the next one tell them you just got home and need to take a shat.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    For the next one tell them you just got home and need to take a shat.
    That’s a good idea would save a lot of time could even add some sound effects to back up the urgency of that statement wouldn’t want anyone to think I would lie...

13. Member

Every day conversation with SWMBO. We have been married for 50 years, though.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

So true!

16. Member
    Man that is so, so true, my wife is just terrible about doing that. I will get off the phone with somebody, usually a one minute conversation, and she will bombard me with questions about everything except what the conversation was about. It drives me nuts, Ill tell her if she wants answers to all those questions you can call them back and ask for yourself.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

17. Member
    that is true.

18. Member

19. Member
    We may find world peace, an unlimited source of clean energy, no crime, a cure for cancer and honest politicians, but we will never figure out how a woman thinks.

20. Member
    Most of the time, I don’t even know what the conversation and questions are about. I am usually busted when my random answer is not remotely related to the discussion. Them I have to fess up, I do not even remotely know what she is talking about.

When children were younger, I used to get busted for saying yes to whatever was being discussed. I knew if I said No, I was likely to have to explain why I said No. Evidently telling children (Yes) they could have (4) more dogs, drive six hours to meet a friend for lunch, set the back yard on fire, was not the correct response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast