Thread: Hotel/Motel

Hotel/Motel

Looking for a good safe place to stay in or around Counce for the Bass Open. Any suggestions? Is it to far of a drive if to stay in Florence?

Florence to Counce would be about 45 minutes on two lane roads. Pickwick landing state park has a hotel and cabins. Also Savannah has several hotels and is about 15 miles away. I wouldn't call them 5 star by any means but besides being dated most are clean and safe. Stay away from Komfort. If you have a boat just make sure they have room to park as that can be a challenge. Iuka is another option. Also JP Coleman has a motel and cottages I believe but I have never stayed there.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    check on vrbo or airb&b

4. Member
    I have stayed at Little Andy's a few times in Counce. Decent accommodations for the fisherman not so much so for the lady. Clean, affordable, restaurant nearby, good facilities for the boat. The paper mills or whatever makes it stink in Counce overall but you will survive.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    Little andys is rough in my opinion, but like mentioned above you will survive . I normally stay at the park or at the days inn at Savannah.

6. Member
    Little Andys has covered boat parking. It's nothing fancy by any means, but its a place to sleep and shower.