Thread: Keypad mess

Keypad mess

My key is totally messed up, my battery was so low had a terrible time trying to jump it, while trying to the motor kept trying to start on its own, even after I fully charged the battery I turned the breaker on and it did start on its own.... How can ya reset it or the brain???

2. Member
    Half of everything was not on original thread, it's my key pad that's messed up, couldn't jump it off, after fully charged the battery, it started on its own, how can ya reset it or the brain

3. Member
    turn off your main breaker and then disconnect your battery and let it set overnight. this will reset your pads if possible. good luck

4. Member
    I had somewhat of the same problem a couple of years ago, motor would try to crank. I reset the computer several times, no luck, had to replace both the box and keypad. Fast forward to today, I’m on week 12 waiting on a new keypad and brain because the last one crapped out. On a positive note, it was the same price now as 2 years ago. Hopefully this one will last longer than 2 years.
    2006 Z21 Ranger
    2006 Mercury Racing 250XS

5. Member
    I just got a new keypad and now waiting on the box. Seems like a ton of people are having key pad issues all of once. Best thing to do guys is get the key switch and keep in boat for backup. My key pad went out on me in the water and I had a long troll back to ramp so now I have a key switch I will keep in the boat.

6. Member
    Well I got home today and my new keypad had been delivered, only took 13 weeks. ��
    2006 Z21 Ranger
    2006 Mercury Racing 250XS