Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally had a skin cancer check

Almost 61 years old, good to go. One small spot removed from my neck for biopsy. The doc said more of an ensure no cancer, but he doubted it was anything. I was DREADING that medical appointment. Go ahead and get checked!

2. Member
    Good news John !
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    One of those deals you dread all the way to the door but glad you done it when you walk out the door.

4. Banned
    I went in for a small spot a few months ago and they found 9 spots on my face and neck. I have the crappy ACA insurance and the out of pocket cost is gonna let me meet my 15k deductible, because the 3 on my nose are gonna be 12 grand alone before insurance. Glad your checked out good sir.

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Excellent news John.

Dale Sinclair original

6. Member
    Good news. On my short list for the year. Have a few spots where the sun hits me on the v neck center of my chest, shoulder and collar.

8. Member
    That is good news. Last week I had my 3rd spot of squamous cell carcinoma cut out right beside my left eye. The doc got it all on the first attempt. The stitches come out Friday. I get checked every year. If you haven't been checked, don't wait. Get er done as John Deere says.

9. Member
    Just went last Thursday and got a good report. For the last 10 years I've gone twice a year and although I've had a number of removals nothing really bad. If you've never been you need to get checked. Melanoma is serious buisness.

10. Banned
    Good news for you...I had a biopsy from my stomach back in march,had me worried,but got lucky all good no cancer.

11. Member
    I just had this little procedure done to remove some skin cancer 6 weeks ago. Make sure to cover-up. It was a tough weight loss program.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Went for a checkup and Dermatologist saw something suspicious on my back. Did a biopsy and found a Melanoma. Surgeon told me if he had not been detected I would have been dead in less than a year.

God is good 🛐🙏🏻😇
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Have had a few cut off. I go twice a year for check ups now. Have been wearing long sleeve 50+ fishing shirts the last 5 years or so. Always covered but years of no protection and 5+ days a week in the sun has taken its toll on me.

wear protection and see the Dr regularly.

Thats good news!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

15. Member
    I have been wearing a buff or what ever they are called. Have had a few frozen off and some of that cream that makes them burn and scab over. You younger guys cover up or sun screen up.

I have been going twice a year for years. Last time, Basal cell located on my cheek and below my ear which were removed. We had no idea the damage being done to us by the sun. Wear protective clothing and sun screen
    The power of positive thoughts

17. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Good news John!! I've been going to a dermatologist on a regular basis for 3 years now. Not had any cancer, but he's had a blast freezing off what he calls pre cancerous spots on my arms, hands and face. He always finds something!
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

18. Member
    Guys, two words. Cover. Up. For years I always had a "healthy tan". Never burned. There is no such thing as a healthy tan. All you're doing is damaging your skin and increasing your chances of getting skin cancer.

Now I've had 1 squamous cell removed from the back of my right hand, pre-cancerous 3 times from my right cheek and 1 pre-cancerous from the top of my head. When I hit the lake now I have on long pants, long shirt, gloves, hat with neck protection and sun screen on my face where it's exposed to sun reflecting off the water.

I love fishing but it's not worth dying for.

19. Member
    I'm 44, i had my first basal cell cancer cut off of my forehead when I was 30, it left a hole the size of a half dollar because it went undetected for about 6 years. The visible spot was only like 1/4" in diameter on top of the skin, but had roots like a weed under the skin.
    I've had basal cell, squamous cell, and melanoma and have had plastic surgery twice to fix the holes left behind from the skin cancer removal. I have a new skin cancer cut off about every 3 years and see a dermatologist twice a year. At every visit I'm having precancerous spots frozen on my head, face, neck, and tops of my hands. Definitely cover up and wear sunscreen. My shoulders, back, and stomach haven't seen sun in 14 years. I have a love/hate relationship with the sun. lol.

20. Member
    Thank you.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast