The further adventure of

The joys of getting older.

Cast roughly 1200 jighead's combined of a bunch of styles back in the winter. Started to powder coat and bake the ones I intended to tie for some fishing swap meets and club tag sales in March. Shelved the entire project when the shows were all cancelled due to coronavirus.

Now I have some new skirt materials and hair to mix along with some freshly custom dyed trailers and I'm ready to roll again for upcoming tournaments. Only problem is I can't locate the 300 heads plus or minus that are painted. It's a couple pounds of heads. How the H does it just wander off and hide. Old age is whom I'm calling the culprit. I have spent 5 hours the last 2 days searching. Only good is I have organised a ton of stuff along the way. Hide and seek for the aged. I guess it still beats hanging out at MacDonald's.

I'm not giving up. I have pictures of a few I tied after painting. I know they exist. At least my GF has something to get a few good laughs at on my expense.

2. Member
    Happens to all of us. You will find them. What type of jig heads do you like to cast?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Happens to all of us. You will find them. What type of jig heads do you like to cast?
    I make non lead alternative heads and weights. Have about 50 molds.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    The joys of getting older.

Cast roughly 1200 jighead's combined of a bunch of styles back in the winter. Started to powder coat and bake the ones I intended to tie for some fishing swap meets and club tag sales in March. Shelved the entire project when the shows were all cancelled due to coronavirus.

Now I have some new skirt materials and hair to mix along with some freshly custom dyed trailers and I'm ready to roll again for upcoming tournaments. Only problem is I can't locate the 300 heads plus or minus that are painted. It's a couple pounds of heads. How the H does it just wander off and hide. Old age is whom I'm calling the culprit. I have spent 5 hours the last 2 days searching. Only good is I have organised a ton of stuff along the way. Hide and seek for the aged. I guess it still beats hanging out at MacDonald's.

I'm not giving up. I have pictures of a few I tied after painting. I know they exist. At least my GF has something to get a few good laughs at on my expense.
    Look in the fridge, they are probably next to your truck keys

5. Member
    I agree, I recall having stuff and can't find it; so off to a store or Tackle Warehouse and buy more. Last year I bought a light pair of rain pants to replace some that had worn thin; went to the James River for a BFL Regional; but didn't wear them. Can't find them, and sometimes my Cabelas Guidewear is too bulky for comfort in a light rain. Guess we could have worse problems.

They will be in the last place you look.....
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

7. Member
    You obviously put them where you could find them when you were ready to finish them. I do that a lot. Leave stuff laying around and it’s no problem to find when you want it.

Ask the GF where they're at. My wife was horrible about moving stuff when I had it put where I could find it.

9. Member
    My boat and tackle are in the garage, but I keep spare stuff in the basement. I really hate it when I walk down there to get something and then can't remember what I'm looking for.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Livewells View Post
    You obviously put them where you could find them when you were ready to finish them. I do that a lot. Leave stuff laying around and it’s no problem to find when you want it.
    It's a multi step process in different locations. In fishing room sort hooks and separate each mold into a container with paperwork for brand and size of all hooks. 3 or 4 different hooks minimum per mold. Melt and pour on back of truck outside. Clean sprue and file excess in fishing room. Set in pile in same room separated into individual boxes for each mold. Bring onto front enclosed porch to heat and dip into powder paint. Set into oven also on porch and bake. Clean hookeyes and bring???

2 more places to search again. Back of truck which is my dry storage for supplies that would be in shed that is being rebuilt. Emptying that is like a layered archeological dig. Attic which is where all the supplies that were used on the porch processes are stored. Have looked into both spots multiple times but they are the only options left. Fishing room and front porch have been turned upside down with nothing left unsearched.

Have already accused GF of throwing them out and she swears innocence.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Ask the GF where they're at. My wife was horrible about moving stuff when I had it put where I could find it.
    I looked for 2 new Diawa reels i bought from a member for over a year when my wife just swore she hadn't saw or touched them. I even said they were in a tacklewarehouse box, but she hadn't saw the box. Needless to say i found them a year later in a humminbird helix box covered with parts left over from a couple different installs. I then showed her the tacklewearhouse box & said ah ha look what i found. Of course she didnt know anything about it.

12. Member
    been there
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

I found some new WEC mutts last time I was looking for something.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

14. Member
    I feel your pain. Hope they turn up.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    I make non lead alternative heads and weights. Have about 50 molds.
    Very cool. I used to make a lot a few years ago. I need to get back into it.