4-21-21 Viking report.

Good afternoon everyone. So this morning I had a killer headache when I woke up so I waited around for the ibuprofen to kick in. I got on the water about 9am the water is probably still 8ft low but you can get a boat in with not to much trouble. Wt temp 53.5 water was not as clean as I’ve been seeing lately. I went to the wind blow side by the ramp on the east side. Started with a 3.8 swim bait and really started catching them good. Nothing over 2lb but caught a lot of fish. Didn’t stay to long but a good time for sure. So the wife is feeling better but now my daughter seems to have it :-( she is doing ok though.

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Surprised it still that low. Is boat dock in?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    So the boat dock is there but theres dry rock about 12’ passed the end of the dock. So my truck was completely off the concrete ramp. There good rock there though. My back tire were just about in the water to get the boat off.

4. Member
    That seems weird about the lake being so low

5. Member
    The lake was drawn down in 2019 by the DNR in an effort to improve the fishing. There were too many small bluegill in the lake and the intention was to downsize the environment so the bass could eat some of those small gills. It was suppose to be a 6 month project, but the lake is obviously taking a lot longer to re-fill than they thought.

It is actually lower now then it was last year if it is 8’ down

7. Member
    I don’t think it is any lower. But it is still down a long way. I heard the DNR had trouble closing the dam gate and getting it to seal tight. Hopefully we can get some good rain this spring so it will fill up.