Hydro plate for ZXR Yay or Nay???

Going to order a ZXR20. I have always just had manual plates on my boats and never found the need for a hydro plate on them. I understand the advantages of the hydro plate in making fine tune adjustments on the fly. My question is more do these hills need the hydro plate, or how much difference does a hydro plate make on this hull.

2. Member
    I would recommend it hands down as your load will more than likely change depending on the multiple scenarios and lake conditions. These hulls like the motor high for optimal performance. Get it done and don’t think twice about it, you won’t regret it.

I have the Atlas on my ZXR20 and maybe its a coincidence but I seem to be getting a little more speed out of mine than a few guys I know without them on their ZXR20s.

4. Member
    Always yes on hydraulic!! Especially if you haven't ordered yet. You will never regret it. Great for resale also.
    2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

5. Member
    Another vote for having the hydraulic plate! I have the ZXR-21 and have noticed that when trying to make a slow speed run these hulls need the motor trimmed down to keep from porpoising. The problem is that the Yamaha only has a front nose cone water pickup and not side pickups. When the motor is trimmed down and the boat gets on plane, the nose cone is then above the water line when the motor is at an optimum jack plate height for normal running. I have had the horn go off because of no water pressure and the engine went into protective mode. With the hydraulic jack plate I can drop the motor down when I will be making a slow run and I can then keep the motor trimmed down for a flat ride!
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate

6. Member
    I’ve never understood why any bass boat comes with a manual plate. Just dumb to me. Conditions change constantly so being able to make adjustments is needed.

7. Member
    Ordered a ZXR20 with an atlas, this will be the first hyd jack plate Iv’e had but it just makes sense.. Boat should be here in 4 weeks and I’m going nuts lol...

8. Member
    I think a hyd plate is an asset on any boat. Skinny water running, shallow ramps, full livewells to plane out, any other weight/load changes, rough water. So many benefits. Put one on my older zx, love it! Got the dough, do it! You'll regret it if ya don't.

9. Member
    I would never own a bass boat without one! I also think the hydro plate really benefits the Skeeter in a number of situations with the hull design.

10. Member
    Thanks for all the info guys. Hydro plat was not needed on my ranger. I will be running slower speeds when my wife and 1 year old daughter come with. Will bite the bullet and add a hydro plate to my build.

11. Member
    good decision to go with the hydro
    2020 Skeeter FXR21
    2020 Yamaha 250 SHO
    Solix 15 - dash
    Solix 12 - bow
    Ultrex
    Sea Clear Power harness

12. Member
    It’s only money.
    The only option I didn’t get and wish I did.
    You won’t regret it.