Thread: Closed Threads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

USA Closed Threads

I'm sure I'm about to become another victim of the cancel culture which is so prevalent in America today but I have to speak my mind. You know, like we used to be able to do when we still had freedom of speech.
    Law enforcement in this country is being assaulted and villainized. A recent thread discussed the shooting of a young girl who was in the process of stabbing one or more others during a fight. There were comments of support for the officer who was forced to make the terrible decision of firing on the assailant to end the assault likely saving lives in the process. That was considered unreasonable discussion and "Big Brother" from Canada closed the thread.
    Our police need all the positive reinforcement we can give them and I take offense when the likes of CNN and others continue pushing the "defund the police" narrative. I take more offense when the assault on free speech comes from someone in another country.
    Cancel away.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    or maybe it was comments like "smoked her fat ass" that got the thread closed?

Could we just talk about bass boats and fishing? It's not like there aren't a hundred other sites for you to "speak your mind".
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

5. Member
    Delete the offensive comments - warn or ban the offenders. There are a lot of folks talking about deleted threads/closed threads because it seems unreasonable. We all have a choice.

I support the owner and leadership of this site. I will open-handedly offer my "outside" perspective that the frequency and content specificity of the heavy thread moderation feels directed and not objective.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

6. Member
    Pretty sure its the idiots who cant control their emotions getting threads locked and not the cancel culture. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I sure wish Al would just ban the idiots who cant carry on a civil discussion without showing their ass.

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    gets funny when the whiners want to start throwing "assault on free speech" out here.....instantly proves they have no clue and just want to bitch and moan.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

8. Member
    Marlake, this place is someone elses house. His rules. Would you open your front door and invite everyone in and let them do anything they wish, regardless of your rules, wished or demands? This is not Public. This is a private chat place.

Quote Originally Posted by marlake View Post
    I'm sure I'm about to become another victim of the cancel culture which is so prevalent in America today but I have to speak my mind. You know, like we used to be able to do when we still had freedom of speech.
    Law enforcement in this country is being assaulted and villainized. A recent thread discussed the shooting of a young girl who was in the process of stabbing one or more others during a fight. There were comments of support for the officer who was forced to make the terrible decision of firing on the assailant to end the assault likely saving lives in the process. That was considered unreasonable discussion and "Big Brother" from Canada closed the thread.
    Our police need all the positive reinforcement we can give them and I take offense when the likes of CNN and others continue pushing the "defund the police" narrative. I take more offense when the assault on free speech comes from someone in another country.
    Cancel away.
    Obviously (at least to some) I didn't close the thread due to some that were negative to the police; I'm definitely a fan of the police and always have been. When some start posting ignorant remarks it gets difficult to clean up a thread as there are so many and with the direction that the thread was going there definitely would have been more ignorant posts and I'm not about to sit here on and off for the next few hours cleaning up ignorant threads.
    So.....given that you have a problem with "Big Brother from Canada" closing the thread perhaps you should go and find a website that you prefer that isn't owned by a Canadian. You can come here any time and it doesn't cost you anything to be on here while I'm the one that has to try to keep the Lounge clean and reasonable.
    Forgive me if I didn't address you by name; kind of difficult when you don't have your name in your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Could we just talk about bass boats and fishing? It's not like there aren't a hundred other sites for you to "speak your mind".

11. Member
    I have to laugh at people who think their constitutional rights are infringed upon because they can't post on a fishing message board. That is a 1st world problem if I have ever seen one.

Why is it these days the threads that are non-fishing related get more posts?

And the more polarizing the thread is the more posts it gets

This is a fishing forum so call it censorship if you like but if you want to rage against the world that’s fine just do it somewhere else
    "The handicapped angler"

You have to realize that freedom of speech is not a "I can say anything wherever I choose." As an example, would you like a pilot to come on the PA and give a sales pitch or religious sermon for the hours you are airborne? This is Al's house and it is his rules. Don't enter it without being able to live by his standards.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

1A rights aren’t being squashed. Al isn’t going to arrest you.

15. Member
    This is a private website owned by an individual, you have to agree to terms when you sign up to post, if you violate those terms with hateful remarks there are repercussions. Some people don't understand free speech. Al is more than fair on all the posts and when he see's issues arise he takes care of the problem. If I were in charge we would have alot more life long bans handed out to folks who post hateful remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Why is it these days the threads that are non-fishing related get more posts?

And the more polarizing the thread is the more posts it gets

This is a fishing forum so call it censorship if you like but if you want to rage against the world that’s fine just do it somewhere else
    Well I would not call the Lounge a fishing forum - it says you can talk about just about anything here except politics. So you're going to see posts that are not fishing related. There are forums for fishing stuff on here too. I do see your point abut raging against the world, gotta make sure I don't do that myself.

17. Member
    I really wish Al would lock anything that wasn’t bass boat or fishing related so you guys would really get offended by big brother from another country as you call it & hopefully leave because you couldn’t bitch about everything the man does. First responders need are support more so than ever, but butchers gonna bitch. Lock them down Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I really wish Al would lock anything that wasn’t bass boat or fishing related so you guys would really get offended by big brother from another country as you call it & hopefully leave because you couldn’t bitch about everything the man does. First responders need are support more so than ever, but butchers gonna bitch. Lock them down Al.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    This is a private website owned by an individual, you have to agree to terms when you sign up to post, if you violate those terms with hateful remarks there are repercussions. Some people don't understand free speech. Al is more than fair on all the posts and when he see's issues arise he takes care of the problem. If I were in charge we would have alot more life long bans handed out to folks who post hateful remarks.
    x 100.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlake View Post
    Cancel away.
    Hey Marlake, Just an FYI... "Big Brother" from Canada OWNS an OPERATES this website. You, like the rest of us, are just guests here, and not entitled ones. We are here because "Big Brother" from Canada allows us to be. I realize you're old, as am I, and you think you're entitled to say anything you want. Well, that's somewhat true... you CAN say anything you want, just as soon as you do it from YOUR website that YOU own. In the meantime, perhaps you should just follow the rules and quit embarrassing the rest of us by insulting our Canadian neighbor who provides us with a great place to hang out.
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast