Thread: Closed Threads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Just like what happened in the video, when Al comes in and some are toting knives or guns, Als gonna take the shot and close the thread.

2. Member
    Some sure get their panties in a wad in a hurry over something that should be able to be figured out by reasonable ADULTS. This site belongs to Al and he can close anything anytime he wants. If some do not like it they are welcome to go to the Internet and find plenty of other forms that will support your thoughts and opinions. Amazed how some seem to think they have the right to post anything they want and question why it was closed
    Last edited by kadas; 04-21-2021 at 09:42 AM.

3. Member
    lol the suggestion these guys make is for Al to read every single post in every single thread so that he can single out the individual posts to remove in order to allow you to proclaim your free speech about policing the law and racism on a fishing forum...

Or Al could just ask you to man up and stop crying on his forum.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

4. Member
    Al if you need some help pissing the bitchers off I’m available to lock em down when your times a little slack. That is if I don’t have to spend so much time like you do explaining why I locked it.

I don't get how it's so hard to use this resource for fishing and boating information, and find a different outlet that is somewhat relevant to your topics at hand. No one can change my thoughts by imposing their thoughts on me. But yet there are many who try.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I don't get how it's so hard to use this resource for fishing and boating information, and find a different outlet that is somewhat relevant to your topics at hand. No one can change my thoughts by imposing their thoughts on me. But yet there are many who try.
    The lounge for everything but the P word. There are plenty of other sub forums here that do just that....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

7. Member
    Every aspect of our lives has been politicized by some organization or Government agency. IMO, it's by design but that's not my point.
    We didn't politicize the subject matter, someone else did and God help us if we should point it out. I really try and respect Al's rule/s
    and know this is a private entity but I also think debate is good. One thing I have learned from it, is how divided we really are as a
    country. I don't know how long we can continue as a functioning society, it is really quite frightening in the big picture. Emotions are
    running very high right now and we better learn how to keep them in check and not just on a forum.
    Sheep have two speeds, graze and stampede

8. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marlake View Post
    I'm sure I'm about to become another victim of the cancel culture which is so prevalent in America today but I have to speak my mind. You know, like we used to be able to do when we still had freedom of speech.
    Law enforcement in this country is being assaulted and villainized. A recent thread discussed the shooting of a young girl who was in the process of stabbing one or more others during a fight. There were comments of support for the officer who was forced to make the terrible decision of firing on the assailant to end the assault likely saving lives in the process. That was considered unreasonable discussion and "Big Brother" from Canada closed the thread.
    Our police need all the positive reinforcement we can give them and I take offense when the likes of CNN and others continue pushing the "defund the police" narrative. I take more offense when the assault on free speech comes from someone in another country.
    Cancel away.
    This is a fishing forum.... See ya!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    I bet you support the party of diversity (in everything but thought).
    Guys I understand most points made by folks on here, but damn why not get back to the way things use to be on this FISHING & BASS BOAT site like it should be. Al’s pretty lenient in my opinion, but everybody keep bringing things like this up over & over for him to have to deal with. A simple conversation without hatred or politics posting all the time by a few just can’t seem to happen. I don’t really mean to be a d*ck, but it has to get extremely aggravating for Al & no matter what he does somebody’s bitching about how he moderates his own privately owned by himself website. It really gets old with shooting & political threads coming up every single day over & over & all the hateful remarks made about him having to lock those threads.

10. Member
    This is Al's house. The rule is not a secret. No one forced us to join BBC.

If you don't like it take a hike.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by like2fish2 View Post
    This is Al's house. The rule is not a secret. No one forced us to join BBC.

If you don't like it take a hike.
    Yep & if he doesn’t get pissed off & sell out his vampire ass will be around for hundreds of years still locking the negativity threads down.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Yep & if he doesn’t get pissed off & sell out his vampire ass will be around for hundreds of years still locking the negativity threads down.

The OP of that post should be the one getting a vacation. He made the post and slanted it one way looking for a reaction and he got one. That’s the kind of stuff that has made this site go down hill. It was an inflammatory post and it did just what it was designed to do. By his own admission, he hadn’t even seen the story, just going “off what his wife told him.” It makes me feel sorry for his wife because it sounds like he hides behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    The OP of that post should be the one getting a vacation. He made the post and slanted it one way looking for a reaction and he got one. That’s the kind of stuff that has made this site go down hill. It was an inflammatory post and it did just what it was designed to do. By his own admission, he hadn’t even seen the story, just going “off what his wife told him.” It makes me feel sorry for his wife because it sounds like he hides behind her.
    Yep you nailed it! He was baiting from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    And he's gone offline and doesn't want to comment further so he's got his vacation.

16. Member
    This thread is actually a great discussion.. And FTR - The below is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    This is Al's house and it is his rules. Don't enter it without being able to live by his standards.
    Al's rule for no politics is a good one IMO, as those threads typically just result in insults and hurt feelings. Even though I don't agree with Al's political opinions (No secret Al, every thread demonizing Fauci gets locked ), I DO respect his board and his rules.

And to the people posting blatant political threads on shootings, Covid etc. and then acting so surprised if it gets locked.. What the heck did you expect when you posted that? It's become apparent those topics are posted by those with a political axe to grind one way or the other.
    Last edited by DMart1; 04-21-2021 at 10:24 AM.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    And he's gone offline and doesn't want to comment further so he's got his vacation.
    This isn't the thread that Chris is speaking of, he is talking about the thread closed regarding the 15 year old shot and the OP of that thread..

First I want to make it clear I have no problem with the no politics rule and Al's moderation as he sees fit. But I do know of a bass fishing forum that is heavily moderated, they even close threads that are fishing related if you speak of something like Senkos for example. I'm not kidding. I think it makes for a lousy forum, though it does have its fans. And that to me is the difficult thing, allowing some leeway on what guys post and not getting too heavy handed with the moderation. I really don't think most of the folks on here want to be part of a forum that is over-moderated.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I really don't think most of the folks on here want to be part of a forum that is over-moderated.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    This isn't the thread that Chris is speaking of, he is talking about the thread closed regarding the 15 year old shot and the OP of that thread..
    Ok, but the OP still got his vacation.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast