Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Used truck prices EEK!

My old 2000 silverado was about to drop the $3500 transfer case again so opted to trade it in on a new to me used vehicle. Nothing special just a decent truck to get my boat back and fourth. Occasionally haul something but not a daily driver. I cruised the internet yesterday for area dealerships and could not believe what they are asking for these things! 2 year old trucks $50-60!! Anything under 100k is $30k. Finally settled on a 2014 Ram big horn edition for $18k with 135k. Crazy!!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

2. Member
    The local dealer sends me a letter every week or so offering me about 4K less sight unseen than I paid for my truck new in 2018. They are listing these trucks for the same or more than I paid back then.it’s not a good time to need a replacement!

3. Member
    Yeah, I'm set for now but look around occasionally and see crazy prices on all used vehicles. I'm half tempted to sell mine and buy a new one.
    Former Owner of a 2007 Ranger 180 VS 150 2 Stroke Vmax

4. Member
    After reading a similar thread yesterday I checked my 2015 Titans value on KBB just for fun. Its worth more now than the last time I checked it a year or so back. Its crazy how vehicles are being priced.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

I checked the value on my 2016 Ram 3500 mega cab and it's worth 15k more than I paid for it 2 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinoh View Post
    Yeah, I'm set for now but look around occasionally and see crazy prices on all used vehicles. I'm half tempted to sell mine and buy a new one.
    I'm getting the urge too, truck in going on 11 years, 145,000 miles, time to get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    The local dealer sends me a letter every week or so offering me about 4K less sight unseen than I paid for my truck new in 2018. They are listing these trucks for the same or more than I paid back then.it’s not a good time to need a replacement!
    I get those from my dealer too for my '14 F150. It's got 98K on it and while they're not offering what I paid, they're still offering $23K. I just can't wrap my head around trading in a 7 year old truck, with almost 100K miles on it for that much money! I'd consider it strongly if there was anything out there that I could get for a reasonable price, but I just can't find one! My truck config is a little rare since it's a crew cab with a long bed. Apparently there are almost none of those out there...

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    My old 2000 silverado was about to drop the $3500 transfer case again so opted to trade it in on a new to me used vehicle. Nothing special just a decent truck to get my boat back and fourth. Occasionally haul something but not a daily driver. I cruised the internet yesterday for area dealerships and could not believe what they are asking for these things! 2 year old trucks $50-60!! Anything under 100k is $30k. Finally settled on a 2014 Ram big horn edition for $18k with 135k. Crazy!!
    Just curious. What is causing you to burn out your transfer case--- again?

9. Member
    My 03 Silverado i drive for work has 390K miles and I also have a garage queen 08 silverado plus a 97 s10 i beat around town in. Truck prices have got so crazy i plan on keeping all 3 for a long time.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

10. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Placed an order for a 2022 F350. I should have no problems selling my 2013 Tundra when the new one arrives

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    I get those from my dealer too for my '14 F150. It's got 98K on it and while they're not offering what I paid, they're still offering $23K. I just can't wrap my head around trading in a 7 year old truck, with almost 100K miles on it for that much money! I'd consider it strongly if there was anything out there that I could get for a reasonable price, but I just can't find one! My truck config is a little rare since it's a crew cab with a long bed. Apparently there are almost none of those out there...
    I'm in the same boat. Have '15 Sierra with 88k and could trade it in for almost exactly what I paid for it, but it's got the 6.2, crew cab and 6.5' box which is a pain to find so I plan to keep it for a long while lol.

cheaper to get a new motor and tran installed plus you get the warranty.
    Ranger Forever

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I just got that exact price yesterday for my 2018. It’s an f150 XLT FX4 with 5.0L. I put on 100000 kms (little over 60000 miles) and they just gave me $37500 on trade yesterday. They never even looked at it. I only paid $41100 for it brand new as a leftover in feb 2019. I paid just shy of $54000 for the 2021 I ordered that came in yesterday (all those prices are Canadian dollars remember). Used prices are insane right now because there is such low inventory of new product out there. It asked what they were going to do with my old one and they said put it on the lot for a week and if it doesn’t sell we ship it to the states. My 2021 I pick up tomorrow after a couple accessories are added to it and I can’t wait.

14. Member
    My 2010 Silverado has 190K miles on it and is still going strong. I've basically given up getting a newer truck. It's much cheaper to replace stuff that breaks on my current truck.

15. Member
    The prices will stabilize as manufacturers get inventory rebuilt and of course I don’t see fuel prices going backward. A half ton truck is the new norm for commuters.

16. Member
    I bought an 08 Ford F350 DRW with 100k miles in October for 20k, I am very glad I did that then!
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I'm getting the urge too, truck in going on 11 years, 145,000 miles, time to get a new one.
    Keep it !

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffth View Post
    My 2010 Silverado has 190K miles on it and is still going strong. I've basically given up getting a newer truck. It's much cheaper to replace stuff that breaks on my current truck.
    I’m doing the same with my 07’ Yukon -185k on it still looks new /drives fine -fix and repair when needed-who the heck wants a$500 plus payment every month for 5 years ...not me:)

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    My 03 Silverado i drive for work has 390K miles and I also have a garage queen 08 silverado plus a 97 s10 i beat around town in. Truck prices have got so crazy i plan on keeping all 3 for a long time.
    Smart man right here. Our Silverado and S10 aint going nowhere. Cant replace them old solids.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlake View Post
    Just curious. What is causing you to burn out your transfer case--- again?
    I don't know that answer. It locked up solid about 18 months ago as I was pulling away from a stoplight. When it went it left the truck sideways in the highway. We couldn't get it to move and had to wait for a tow truck. It cost me $3500 to have it rebuilt. Prior to it going out it threw a couple fits that seemed like you were standing on the break and accelerating. I felt that a couple times over the last few weeks. Also could hear a rattle that sounded like the cat convertor heading south. I talked to a mechanic and he said that was a $2000 repair
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast