Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Neanderthal content

I got the results of my DNA testing. It says that I have a greater amount of Neanderthal than 86% of the population. It explains a lot.

If you've done one of these tests, what's your percentage? Curious to see if there may be a trend with BBC/bass fishermen.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 191 champ View Post
    I got the results of my DNA testing. It says that I have a greater amount of Neanderthal than 86% of the population. It explains a lot.

If you've done one of these tests, what's your percentage? Curious to see if there may be a trend with BBC/bass fishermen.
    Mine came back at 94%.
    2017 Bass Cat Cougar / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ 6.2L

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Neanderthals have been on the comeback trail in recent years! I’ve not had my DNA tested but might do so just for that reason, curiosity.

Not a huge fan of giving private entities anymore data than they already steal.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Not a huge fan of giving private entities anymore data than they already steal.
    I seen where a lot of those companies are farming out the analysis to foreign labs. Mainly Chinese companies that are joined at the hip to the Chinese communist party. They offer to do the work for very little money. Wanna guess why they do it for so little? They are collecting biological information on the world's population. Guess what they information can be used for?

6. Member
    I was given a subsciption to one of thise DNA websites, and sent them a (spit) sample. At first I thought it was cute and interesting, but after a while distant relatives I never heard of started popping up.
    I thought about it for a while and then stopped going, One thing I don't need at my age is to find out I have kids somewhere that I never knew about.

7. TJNYSNP

Wow, never heard of this.... thanks for sharing. Makes me think that Sasquatch definitely is out there somewhere.

Well that explains the whole thing about "Man Caves" if we're 90% Neanderthal, we're all just going back to our roots. Also ought to qualify a guy to write in "Neanderthal" when you get asked your race on a questionnaire.

9. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Get your Tin Foil hats ready......

10. Member
    Well, at least if you want use club on someone you'll know why!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

11. Member
    That’s pretty cool to see. My DNA results were surprising atleast to me. Always thought I was mostly Italian with English Irish and German thrown in. My results came back mostly English, Irish, Scottish, then Italian, Norwegian, Greek and French. The cool part about Ancestry DNA is you can generate a family tree for free. I’ve been able to trace my ancestry back to the early 1600s in some cases
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Well that explains the whole thing about "Man Caves" if we're 90% Neanderthal, we're all just going back to our roots. Also ought to qualify a guy to write in "Neanderthal" when you get asked your race on a questionnaire.
    I can identify with that thanks for explaining everything and getting me in touch with my Neanderthal Side maybe we can all have a great big family reunion someday?

13. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Mine is being processed

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I can identify with that thanks for explaining everything and getting me in touch with my Neanderthal Side maybe we can all have a great big family reunion someday?
    Heck yeah, we can all get together and roast big chunks of meat over an open fire, let our inner Cave Man out!

15. Member
    Mine came back only greater than 10% of the population. Apparently I have really good muscles though.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I seen where a lot of those companies are farming out the analysis to foreign labs. Mainly Chinese companies that are joined at the hip to the Chinese communist party. They offer to do the work for very little money. Wanna guess why they do it for so little? They are collecting biological information on the world's population. Guess what they information can be used for?
    I’ve read similar reports.

17. Member

All we had to do was look at your foreheads to realize that.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Heck yeah, we can all get together and roast big chunks of meat over an open fire, let our inner Cave Man out!
    When you start dragging your women by the hair, let me know how it worked out for ya...

19. Member
    Capture.PNG Mine is more than 82% of the population.

Capture.PNG

20. Member
    Do you get any special privileges with that status or just eligible to host a Geico Commercial?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast