Round and round and round

My maps livescope cone goes lately. The scope cone on the unit mostly doesn't just spin even though the transducer is still, but my other unit in which I run maps, the cone usually just spins slow circles even though the transducer is still. Anyone else having this trouble?

2. Member
    I think you are referencing the icon showing direction of your LS cone. You may need to calibrate your compass. Another option is getting a separate heading detector. Both the Garmin Steadycast and Lowrance Point1 products work on a NMEA network for the Garmin.

3. Member
    That thing is worthless.

4. Member
    Yes the heading on the maps that works in conjunction with the scope direction. I've calibrated the compass more times than threads have been locked in the lounge lol. It isn't a big deal, the scope works great and that's what matters. It just makes me dizzy sometimes lol. It's nice when it works because it will show you the range your looking out to so you can creep in on waypoints or know how far to throw on a edge. Of course the scope distance itself shows this but anyways. Round and round she goes

5. Member
    Yep just turn that thing off.

How to turn it off if your interested is start a calibration but cancel out. Then it's gone
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089