HDS Live Transducer Question

Other than the silver tag that comes on the transducer cable, is their any other way to determine which transducer a person may have? I purchased a boat recently and it came with an HDS Live 7 on the bow that is networked with a HDS Live 9 at the console. Again, they are connected via Ethernet. I have a 3n1 and a skimmer HDI 83/200 455/800 on the transom. The problem I am having is with the HDS Live 7 on the front that is connected to a transducer on the trolling motor. The silver tag is missing from the transducer cable so I don't know exactly what it is. The transducer is connected to channel one and I have named it Ultrex and have selected HDI 83/200 455/800. When running the HDS 7 in sonar I can see all three transducers and everything works fine, but when I go to down scan my source options are only the skimmer on the transom or This Unit. When I select This Unit the transducer cannot find the bottom. Also in down scan I have no option for frequency selection. I have searched the internet and this board and cannot find a reason why. If there is anyone with some insight or suggestions I would greatly appreciate the input. Thanks.
    Last edited by CanonShooter11; 04-20-2021 at 05:28 PM.

2. Member
    Maybe it's not an HDI. If you only have a 2D transducer, there will be no Downscan available.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Maybe it's not an HDI. If you only have a 2D transducer, there will be no Downscan available.
    I understand that. That's why I was asking if there is another way to ID the transducer since the tag is missing. With Humminbird I can ID their transducers with text on the transducer cable. I was told by the previous owner that it was HDI 83/200 455/800, but again without the tag I am unable to ID it. I have attached a couple of pictures of the transducer with the Lowrance HDI Trolling Motor Adapter Cup. Hopefully someone will have some ideas. Thanks for the reply.

Transducer 1.jpgTransducer 2.jpg

4. Member
    That does indeed look like and HDI, have you gone to the Sonar Installation menu and selected the correct transducer?
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    That does indeed look like and HDI, have you gone to the Sonar Installation menu and selected the correct transducer?
    The transducer I have selected for the HDS Live 7, Channel 1 is HDI 83/200 455/800.

6. Member
    Is it connected directly or is there an adapter? If with adapter, select 7 med/hi HDI, if connected directly select 9 med/hi HDI. Or something like that. There are two HDI transducers one a 7 pin for older units and one a 9 pin for new units like your Live. Another option is just to plug it into Channel 2. Then it will be automatically read and you won't have to install it. If it doesn't work there, then either it's not an HDI or there is something wrong with it. Also be sure the the data sources are correct. Go to Pages, Settings, Network, Data Sources. On the Sonar Tab for Scope select Local. Open the tab, for depth and temp you should select This Unit. That's the only thing I can think of. Also looking at your photos, I've never seen a blue transducer so I can't really tell you for sure what you have.

NoCAL
    2B112175

7. Member
    Thanks NoCal...I appreciate the response. I will let you know what I come up with.