GPSMAP 1222 non-touch with Livescope questions

Considering getting one of these for the boat as a standalone unit.
    For those who have it, how long does it take to boot up when you hit the power button?
    My HB Helix units have a standby option I can select to turn off display and the transducer. Does the GPSMAP 1222 have a standby option you can select to kill the display and transducer?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

2. Member
    Boots up fast. Seconds. Pause all sonar is easy. Bring a shovel to dig deep into the menu for other stuff.......
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

I have the 1022 which is the 10" version of the 12" 1222. As a pure guess I would say if my 1022 is off when I turn it own and it goes thru everything and I get to the place where I am looking at live sonar its a good 20 seconds. Once its powered up I leave it on all day. When pulling up to move locations I turn off transmit sonar. Garmin actually recommends this so the transducer does not overheat. That process only takes a couple seconds. Something I do like about turning off transmit sonar is when you do it the screen and cursor stays up. When you get ready to turn it back on your already on the page so all you do is simply hit turn on and then the back button to clear the side menu and your ready to go in a couple seconds. Powering up and down would be a hassle if doing it multiple times in a day. Turning transmit sonar off/on only takes a couple seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    My HB Helix units have a standby option I can select to turn off display and the transducer. Does the GPSMAP 1222 have a standby option you can select to kill the display and transducer?
    Yes, there is a Sleep Mode that does disable the built-in sonar transmission unless any other MFD is actively using that sonar as a source. But, LiveScope will always transmit sonar unless you manually disable it in the menu.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Thanks for the responses guys!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66