Thread: Locker keys

Locker keys

I have a 2006 Z20. Purchased it used and didn’t come with rod locker keys. It’s the older rail system. Talked with Ranger. They no longer support this type. Any ideas on what to do, where to get replacement keys?

A local locksmith made one for me from scratch. If I remember right he started with a blank, put some kind of marker on it and chiseled it down until it would turn the lock.

3. Member
    I added a locker to my 2020 Ranger 620, order the identical latch from another source and the key's are the same for my old and new latches. If you see someone with a similar boat maybe the keys would be the same and you could have some made.

4. Member
    My boat is a year older then yours so I'm assuming keys are the same. I have misplaced mine multiple years in off season. Thinking I would put them somewhere they wouldn't get lost but apparently hid them from myself. I have gotten replacement keys from Great Lakes Skipper and Ebay.

5. Banned
    Perko™ RH1 ?

6. Member
    I just went through this pain. Manufacturer is no help. Ranger is no help. Do take it to locksmith. They made mine easily.you shouldn’t even have to take units out of the boat.

7. Member
    I bought some spare keys on Amazon last year for my '06 519VX. I found the key number on the loc and then found them online.

8. Member
    I found same key code keys at Great Lakes Skipper and ordered - arrived as described and worked great.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

When ordering remember the locks on the Z 19, 20, and 21 are Southco locks. Not Perko.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.