Banned

Garmin and Lake Fork map Chip

I've been to Fork 25 times through the years and stay for a week each time I come down. I feel like I know the lake pretty well. I'll be down this Saturday (24th) and staying until the following Saturdayn(May 1).
    This is the first year I've had my new Garmins on the lake. Wondering about the mapping on the unit? Anyone with Garmin experience tell me if the boat lanes are marked on the unit itself?
    I was going to buy the mapping chip online and download to an SD card but I saw where Lake Fork Marina sells these. I may just stop by there and grab one if you guys think it may be worth it?
    Thanks All, and have a great week. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Tom Herndon
    Lake St. Louis, MO

2. Member
    I'm not sure if there's a boat lanes version for the Garmin's or not.
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

3. Member
    riverby flats caretaker, Telephone Tx./lake fork texas
    boatlanes.com

lance vick, best for fork and he has a multiple lake card as well. I loaded them in my 93sv and he has added a few new lanes over what I had on my humminbird.

4. Banned
    I just got home from Fork and wanted to update on my experience.

Garmin did not have any boat lanes straight from he factory. My Lowrance units did for some reason. I stopped by LFM the day I got there and bought the chip. There were boat lanes I never knew existed! Best money spent for the week. It save me a boatload of time not having to idle back into these creek arms. I highly recommend this chip.

FYI, our group big fish for the week was 6.30 lbs. Just couldn't get them figured out. The boat traffic was insane!
    Last edited by Tom in Stl; 05-04-2021 at 10:06 PM.