HB Mega 360 on 60" Ultrex shaft

I know this has been posted a while ago back. I didn't find a clear answer or a picture if anyone has one. I did see on Walley Central a guy said it worked. Even though Humminbird says it goes on a 45" or 52" shaft I read mixed reviews on yes or no to the 60" shaft.

I have a year 2010 Lund Predator with a 60" Ultrex. I really want to get the mega 360 but not sure if it will work. Has anyone tried this and been successful? If it doesn't work with the standard bracket you get from Humminbird, what other brackets out there will work so that I can still have it attached to the trolling motor as if it was a 45 or 52 shaft?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    I have mega 360 and the 60" ultrex. Mine works great. What really matters is how far above the water the bow of your boat is. The universal mega 360 comes with a longer shaft if you need it.

Thank you, I probably could have gotten a 52" shaft and been fine but I ordered the trolling motor in the winter time so I couldn't measure the water to the bow. Right now I have the Ultrex head pretty high so I will probably have to lower it pretty good I am thinking.

The other option I guess would be to buy the "no bracket mega 360" that has the 50" shaft. Then buy the Ultrex mount for it. The difference of $200 I would think that would guarantee it would be okay right?

5. Member
    I have a 60 inch shaft with ultrex the 360 ultrex mount. No problems getting it deep enough or shallow enough. It’s on SeaArk procat 240

6. Member
    I have it on a lund alaskan with a 60 inch ultrex. When I walked to the back of the boat it would shut off. I had the 360 shaft as low as it would go, past the 1 inch cutoff recommended by humminbird. I finally sold the shaft and pod and bought the 50 inch shaft and pod. Much better.

Thank you for all the replies. I read somewhere on here that from the bottom of the circular transducer to the top of the mega 360 shaft it is 39 inches. I have my Ultrex where its barely on the top part when you have it NOT deployed. So the head of the unit is not all the way down when its deployed. If anyone knows, if I were to measure from where the screw holes that are at on the Ultrex head for the bracket to where the top of the circular transducer is at I could then easy gauge it will will work.

Thanks

8. Member
    The measurement you need is from the bolt holes on the bottom of the ultrex to the water line. This is what is going to determine the shaft length you will need. The two contacts sit on top of the pod and have to be submerged for the mega 360 to work.

Thank you swimnfish04. I won’t be able to get the boat in the water for another week or so. Measuring it in my garage where I have my trolling motor set at the height I want it from those bolt holes to the top of the trolling motor bottom housing is 46 inches. The propeller on the TM comes up 3-3/4 inches and the Mega 360 transducer is supposed to be an inch above that. When I measure the bolt holes down 39 inches (I read the top of the 360 shaft to bottom of the transducer is 39 inches) I have 3-1/2 inches of space to the propeller. Might be too high?

I am not sure if anyone has theirs on a 60” shaft and can measure and see if where I keep my trolling motor height would work for the Ultrex 360 since I can’t get it in water. Was hoping to buy the 360 and take it on next trip.

thanks so much for all your help.

10. Member
    I'll take a picture and measure mine this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by brettj32 View Post
    Thank you swimnfish04. I won’t be able to get the boat in the water for another week or so. Measuring it in my garage where I have my trolling motor set at the height I want it from those bolt holes to the top of the trolling motor bottom housing is 46 inches. The propeller on the TM comes up 3-3/4 inches and the Mega 360 transducer is supposed to be an inch above that. When I measure the bolt holes down 39 inches (I read the top of the 360 shaft to bottom of the transducer is 39 inches) I have 3-1/2 inches of space to the propeller. Might be too high?

I am not sure if anyone has theirs on a 60” shaft and can measure and see if where I keep my trolling motor height would work for the Ultrex 360 since I can’t get it in water. Was hoping to buy the 360 and take it on next trip.

thanks so much for all your help.
    The prop clearance of 1" is no closer than it should be to the prop. It can be any more distant from the prop as long as the wet switch is submerged==that is the freeboard you have to account for. Two feet difference is OK IF the pod is submerged.

If you have a waterline stain on the trolling motor shaft, that will give you the freeboard.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Okay so I got to measure the trolling motor in the water. From the top of the prop in it’s highest position to the water line is 12 inches. From the top of the round housing holding the prop and everything is 15-1/2 inches to the water line. So, if I give the one inch clearance from top of prop to mega 360 transducer there will be 11 inches for the transducer to be in the water and to make sure the wet switch is submerged. Going off of these measurements do you think it will work? Again, thanks for all of the help.