Daiwa KAGE 2500 LT spinning reel - issues

I used wrong test flouro for my ultralight/finesse application for 1/32-1/8oz weightless plastic fishing. KAGE LT is a great reel at this price point. See below update. Apologies to Daiwa!
    Last edited by GamblerSam; 03-20-2024 at 11:49 AM.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD

2. Member
    I think the spool being quite a bit narrower and less of an elongated skirt probably has something to do with it.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80

3. Member
    So this happens with both of your Kage reels? I have a Kage 2500 and have yet to experience this issue.

TT has sold a LOT of Kage spinning reels and this is the first I've heard of this. Clearly it isn't a design flaw or something would have come across the Daiwa warranty bench by now. I've seen straight FC "jump" off the spool either when its new, over spooled, or just generally poor quality, but that isn't an issue with the reel itself of course...

5. Member
    After looking at my old post I did figure this out. Not a Daiwa issue. I was fishing 8lb flourocarbon and extremely light baits 1/32 to 1/8 oz with a slack line technique for ultra clear water that doesn’t put any pressure on the bait. The 8lb flourcarbon was too stiff for my ultra finesse technique. Since there was no tension on the bait/flouro it looped off spool and wrapped behind. Totally my fault for using this heavier line for this technique. The reel is fine. An outstanding reel for $219. I switched to 4lb and no more issues as doesn’t require hardly any tension to keep line on reel and in contact with the bait and much less memory. KAGE LT is a great reel!
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80