Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bourbon hunting and hoarding.

Started hunting 2 months ago. What I have collected so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have a lot of drinking to do.

3. Member
    Wish I could find some Blanton’s!

4. Member
    You hoard toilet paper, but you drink up good bourbon.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    You have a lot of drinking to do.
    lol many are Christmas gifts for my customers....actually all of the blantons. I already drank my bottle of that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudgrappler View Post
    Wish I could find some Blanton’s!
    you have to ask. It’s always kept in the back. I started asking and picked up all the bottles shown in a weeks time.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgestank View Post
    You hoard toilet paper, but you drink up good bourbon.
    Not sure I understand.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzack View Post
    you have to ask. It’s always kept in the back. I started asking and picked up all the bottles shown in a weeks time.
    Even asking, I've only been able to find one bottle in over 3 years around here. And that one I had to leave my name and # and they called me 5 months later when they had a bottle for me. Availability is definitely a regional thing, so consider yourself fortunate.

9. Member
    Good finds....Weller Antique and McKenna

10. Member
    Ive been asking and scored 3 bottles in 2 years. I’ve got my name in about 20 liquor stores. I’m envious of your stash.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    Good finds....Weller Antique and McKenna
    Yeah, the 107 is a nice pour, I haven't tried McKenna yet. A little hard to get here

12. Member
    Started hunting 2 months ago. What I have collected so far.
    Lower your standards a little and you'll be able to build your stash a lot faster.

How much did you pay for the weller. I saw one bottle earlier in the year but didn’t buy it.

14. Member
    Start of a really nice collection. That said, I really don't get the fascination with Blanton's. I've tried it several times and have always been disappointed. Tastes good on the front end, but absolutely disappears on the finish. I would suggest you pick up a bottle of Weller Full Proof and Stagg Jr. Those are a couple of my current favorites.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    How much did you pay for the weller. I saw one bottle earlier in the year but didn’t buy it.
    I just got a couple bottles of the Weller when visiting the distillery at Buffalo Trace, $30/bottle. I’m surprised they allow everyone down the supply chain to hike up the prices and they still sell it that low. Haven’t tried it yet but the only bottles I’ve found, if it’s no good, Lord knows I’ve wasted more money on more foolish things
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

16. Member
    Just picked that bottle up for $49
    Been on a bourbon tour through most of this last year. Size of my collection is ridiculous now, so I'll follow the OP's plan and thin some out as client gifts. It'll give me an excuse to buy some more.

17. Member
    The special reserve was like $80, and the antique was $120. I saw the antique somewhere else a week later for 189.99 in the glass case. Also saw the Kentucky owl confiscated for 199.99, and I picked that up for $110, and they had a few more on the shelf. The most expensive bottle there is the angels envy 2018 cask strength. That was $225, and I have never seen it anywhere else. The angels envy port wine finish Is one that is always in my cabinet since it’s one of my favorites. The crazy difference in prices amongst liquor stores is what makes the hunt fun! My first bottle of Blantons was 129.99, but the rest were $85.....that’s what really got me hunting.

18. Member
    The special reserve was like $80, and the antique was $120. I saw the antique somewhere else a week later for 189.99 in the glass case. Also saw the Kentucky owl confiscated for 199.99, and I picked that up for $110, and they had a few more on the shelf. The most expensive bottle there is the angels envy 2018 cask strength. That was $225, and I have never seen it anywhere else. The angels envy port wine finish Is one that is always in my cabinet since it’s one of my favorites. The crazy difference in prices amongst liquor stores is what makes the hunt fun! My first bottle of Blantons was 129.99, but the rest were $85.....that’s what really got me hunting.
    Wow, from me paying $49 to hear it goes for $189. I guess all I need a glass case and I could turn a healthy profit.
    On another note, I popped opened a Noah's Mill tonight. All I can say is "wow" - great stuff!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedonBass View Post
    Wow, from me paying $49 to hear it goes for $189. I guess all I need a glass case and I could turn a healthy profit.
    On another note, I popped opened a Noah's Mill tonight. All I can say is "wow" - great stuff!
    Funny the first search I did said Ohio is littered with Wellers. My local guy said Wellers is once a year here, and eh Taylor, blantons, etc are every month. I was honestly proudest of the eh taylor, they seem to be the rarest around here.

20. Member

Hmmm, that's just the opposite for us on the Wellers. $120 is really high for Antique and it's normally less than the Special. Would never pay those prices for Blantons, $50-$60 is reasonable. EHT is fairly easy to get for around $50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast