Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Mike Lamb
    deleted
    Last edited by mike28nc; 05-03-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

2. Member
    Maybe just a glitch on the website then.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

3. Banned
    I am sure whoever is in question sure hopes nobody puts it on websites like this for everyone to see who and and question his integrity.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    I am sure whoever is in question sure hopes nobody puts it on websites like this for everyone to see who and and question his integrity.
    You’re correct and I’m deleting my post.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

5. Member
    Yeah I don't know if it actually happened or not. I would hope it didn't, I have fished with "x" person before and "x" is a nice guy and can catch some big fish. I've seen it first hand. "X" is a hammer on most lakes around here. Never had any issus, I personally do not believe I happened.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by josephsharpe99 View Post
    Yeah I don't know if it actually happened or not. I would hope it didn't, I have fished with "x" person before and "x" is a nice guy and can catch some big fish. I've seen it first hand. "X" is a hammer on most lakes around here. Never had any issus, I personally do not believe I happened.

Believe what you want but it happened. I heard it straight from the source.

7. Member
    Could have , and I am pretty sure there are many others we fish with that every weekend that cheat..

8. Mike Lamb
    Well seems like more to the story then what has leaked out.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

9. Banned
    Well, in America cheaters/criminals have more rights than those who are honest citizens so maybe that is why everybody is scared to say anything. If someone is wants to commit a crime then they acknowledge to let the world know who they are is the way i look at it.

10. Mike Lamb
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Well, in America cheaters/criminals have more rights than those who are honest citizens so maybe that is why everybody is scared to say anything. If someone is wants to commit a crime then they acknowledge to let the world know who they are is the way i look at it.

I agree. Seems strange.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

Quote Originally Posted by basshound250 View Post
    If you want to complain to someone about boats hogging the dock,you should complain NC wildlife or power companys that control the lakes.The docks are only big enough to park 5 or 6 boats at most ramps in NC including rivers.

I've been concerned about the number and size of tournaments on Sutton Lake, including ABA. I've contacted Brian McRae // Division Chief, Land and Water Access with NC Wildlife Resources Commissio for help and he said they were currently revewing all requirements to obtain a tournament permit. I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing your concerns. Email: brian.mcrae@ncwildlife.org
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    I've been concerned about the number and size of tournaments on Sutton Lake, including ABA. I've contacted Brian McRae // Division Chief, Land and Water Access with NC Wildlife Resources Commissio for help and he said they were currently revewing all requirements to obtain a tournament permit. I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing your concerns. Email: brian.mcrae@ncwildlife.org
    are you indicating you are worried about those 10 boat ABA tournaments on that pond? sounds more like you are just totally against any tournament on that pond if that be the case - i agree 50+ boats is rough out there but it does little to effect the results in all honesty - just check the weights, now summer time is different, but mortality rates are significantly low until summer and the fields are small (<20 boats) outside of one event. There is protocol in place to obtain a permit and appears to work suitably for majority of events. Parking is less than ideal for one event down there but doesnt seem to effect the turnout - just pisses off locals for that one day.

I'm more concerned with the concept of cheaters in the events as opposed to participation/parking concerns to be frank.

13. Member
    Could have , and I am pretty sure there are many others we fish with that every weekend that cheat..
    Many do...ex. fish during offlimits period, run bigger motors than bia ratings , talk on ph about fish during tx hrs when the rules state otherwise..this is still cheating..period!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jab0914d1 View Post
    are you indicating you are worried about those 10 boat ABA tournaments on that pond? sounds more like you are just totally against any tournament on that pond if that be the case - i agree 50+ boats is rough out there but it does little to effect the results in all honesty - just check the weights, now summer time is different, but mortality rates are significantly low until summer and the fields are small (<20 boats) outside of one event. There is protocol in place to obtain a permit and appears to work suitably for majority of events. Parking is less than ideal for one event down there but doesnt seem to effect the turnout - just pisses off locals for that one day.

I'm more concerned with the concept of cheaters in the events as opposed to participation/parking concerns to be frank.
    If it was just ABA, it wouldn't be bad at all. Throw in Team Bassmasters, who bring lots of boats, and many area club turnaments, and that little 1,000 acre lake gets a lot of pressure on the fish and parking.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

This was the ABA Open series (the one that is like BFL). The version I heard came from my buddy who is pretty good friends with the TD. Supposedly the boater had a kid fishing with him as a coangler. The boater had some fish tied or penned up and paid off the kid with some hush money to weigh his fish. A few days later the kid told his dad who then brought it to the attention of tournament officials. A few other guys I know mentioned something about it on facebook as if one of them may have witnessed something but they didnt go into detail.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

16. Member
    I agree 10000%.. When you have 1k+ on the line people will do anyting to win. It sucks for those who fish their a** off every tournament to come in and see the same person winning or placing in the top 3, makes you wonder.... Also, the odds of someone placing 1st or 2nd in EVERY tournament they fish is SLIM, some can do it, I know some that can and are honest fishermen. It can be as simple as fishing during off limits, fishing a spot that is off limits, having a group chat with your buddies who arent tournament fishing on TX day with some intel that they are biting at a particular waypoint and then leaving fish for that tournment person to come in and catch them. Take Kerr for example, you have MILES of river that you can place a cage in, its that easy. Especially team tournamens, have 1 guy looking and the other swinging the cage fish in... When you lose your job, have a house payment you cant afford, have too many kids you cant afford, people will do ANYTHING, some you wouldnt even think would cheat, will.

17. Member
    I agree 10000%.. When you have 1k+ on the line people will do anyting to win. It sucks for those who fish their a** off every tournament to come in and see the same person winning or placing in the top 3, makes you wonder.... Also, the odds of someone placing 1st or 2nd in EVERY tournament they fish is SLIM, some can do it, I know some that can and are honest fishermen. It can be as simple as fishing during off limits, fishing a spot that is off limits, having a group chat with your buddies who arent tournament fishing on TX day with some intel that they are biting at a particular waypoint and then leaving fish for that tournment person to come in and catch them. Take Kerr for example, you have MILES of river that you can place a cage in, its that easy. Especially team tournamens, have 1 guy looking and the other swinging the cage fish in... When you lose your job, have a house payment you cant afford, have too many kids you cant afford, people will do ANYTHING, some you wouldnt even think would cheat, will.
    You have fisherman that will cheat when there is 50 bucks on the line. Its in their blood to cheat regardless of the potential gain. But just about always the lose in the end.

18. Banned
    Agree. Any sport, any level it goes on and to think otherwise would be Turing a blind eye to everything going on in this world.

19. Member
    If money and egos are on the line people will cheat. I hate to hear of this happening.

20. Mike Lamb
    ABA needs to press charges on this guy. Dont leave it up for him to move on to different trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    This was the ABA Open series (the one that is like BFL). The version I heard came from my buddy who is pretty good friends with the TD. Supposedly the boater had a kid fishing with him as a coangler. The boater had some fish tied or penned up and paid off the kid with some hush money to weigh his fish. A few days later the kid told his dad who then brought it to the attention of tournament officials. A few other guys I know mentioned something about it on facebook as if one of them may have witnessed something but they didnt go into detail.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast