Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone heard about some hanky panky going on in an ABA Tournament around here?

Heard someone at a Gaston or Kerr ABA event got disqualified for not taking a polygraph here lately...Any updates??

2. Banned
    That does not sound good. Have not heard anything about it myself.

3. Member
    I heard the same thing. But haven’t gotten the complete story.

4. Mike Lamb
    Well, I dont know about that. But I know when the ABA is using the ramp. You cant tie up to any dock cause they will have them all blocked. I have seen them at 3 ramps and they do not care. Talked with the Tournament director and send email to the organization. Received nothing back. I have see other tournament directors push anglers off the docks to make room for others. Not the ABA.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

I don't do much tournament fishing and have launched at the same time tournaments have been going on. Normally launch by myself more often than not, I guarantee you that if someone pushes my boat off the dock...they'll consider themselves blessed if they don't limp for the rest of their life.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

6. Banned
    I call BS on that. I have never seen anybody from any tournament trail take over a dock and not allow non tournament users use the public dock.

7. Mike Lamb
    Guys. Not push the boat off the dock. The Tournament director will tell the guys to get off the dock. To launch and move clear. You know. Common sense.

The ABA IMO is one of the worst trails. Last time I had issues with them was at Baidin lake. The ABA and two other clubs on the same ramp. When I say the docks was packed would be understatement. It was impossible to launch and tie up boat and move trailer. This was going on and the whole time the Tournament director and the ones with boats blocking everything was talking standing on the dock. This is the ABA way.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

8. Mike Lamb
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin catcher View Post
    I call BS on that. I have never seen anybody from any tournament trail take over a dock and not allow non tournament users use the public dock.
    Well go watch ABA in the morning. You will be shocked. I have seen this 3 different times and on different lakes. They do not care. One guy I asked for him to move his boat so we can launch. He stated that you should have got to the lake earlier. Like I have said. Spoke with the Tournament Director. I have emailed the trail and received no reply. They do not care.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

Thanks for the clarification....though it doesn't really make them look any better.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Banned
    That sure is a bad look for them. I honestly haven't never seen anything like that. Actions like that sure give tournament fisherman a black eye.

11. Member
    ABA depends on the tournament director. I've fished over 5 trails with different directors and have had 0 issues. Notable GREAT TRAILS include Hilton Glovers ABAD16 Trail, Gary Conner Trails V13 I believe, and Melvins Trail up at Island Creek.

Here is my opinion... Yes, you will ALWAYS have those fisherman that hog the dock. That is every tournament trail, but at the end of the day, I believe those boats have the legal right to sit there if they want(As far as I know). So yes, if you do not want to encounter that issue, get to the ramp earlier LOL. I hate it as much as you guys but unless you want to start a fist fight, aint much gonna change lol. I typically ask to hook up to someone elses boat until I get back to my boat or ask them to move for a brief second so I can get back to my boat.
    Last edited by josephsharpe99; 05-03-2021 at 01:16 PM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josephsharpe99 View Post
    ABA depends on the tournament director. I've fished over 5 trails with different directors and have had 0 issues. Notable GREAT TRAILS include Hilton Glovers ABAD16 Trail, Gary Conner Trails V13 I believe, and Melvins Trail up at Island Creek.

Here is my opinion... Yes, you will ALWAYS have those fisherman that hog the dock. That is every tournament trail, but at the end of the day, I believe those boats have the legal right to sit there if they want(As far as I know). So yes, if you do not want to encounter that issue, get to the ramp earlier LOL. I hate it as much as you guys but unless you want to start a fist fight, aint much gonna change lol. I typically ask to hook up to someone elses boat until I get back to my boat or ask them to move for a brief second so I can get back to my boat.

DO NOT QUOTE ME....As for the cheating, yes, someone was allegedly caught with a coangler on Kerr Lake going to their first spot to fish tied to a tree with cull tags. Was told the coangler reported it LOL All I know is that person failed the polygraph(guilty verdict) and can no longer fish ABA.

If that is the case his name needs to be put out there so he gets banned from other trails as well.

13. Member
    If you want to complain to someone about boats hogging the dock,you should complain NC wildlife or power companys that control the lakes.The docks are only big enough to park 5 or 6 boats at most ramps in NC including rivers.

14. Member
    Docks at ramps are not there for people to tie up and hang out. They are there to aid in launching and retrieving boats on the ramp.
    I have no patience for idiots anymore and will tell someone to move if they are preventing me from using the ramp.

15. Banned
    Agree. Just as bad to go somewhere to put a boat in and every bank fisherman and his family had the whole dock taken up fishing for whatever they are fishing for. To go along wit that is the knotheads who park a single vehicle in a parking space for a vehicle towing a boat/trailer. No common sense or courtesy anywhere these days. Then you have those who prep their boat for unloading after they back it down to the water at the ramp and use the ramp to wipe down and clean their boat. Bunch of feminists.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by josephsharpe99 View Post

DO NOT QUOTE ME....As for the cheating, yes, someone was allegedly caught with a coangler on Kerr Lake going to their first spot to fish tied to a tree with cull tags. Was told the coangler reported it LOL All I know is that person failed the polygraph(guilty verdict) and can no longer fish ABA.

What trail was it or division of what trail?

17. Member
    I would contactABA for more info

18. Member
    My mistake
    Last edited by howard47; 04-30-2021 at 10:14 PM. Reason: My mistake

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howard47 View Post
    It was apparently the Open Series in March on Gaston. If you go to the website and pull up the results there’s no first place anymore. It starts at second and goes down from there.
    And as for the issues at the ramps I’m like Joseph, it all depends on the trail apparently. They’ve been doing the preflight out on the water and not in the parking lot in the two divisions I’m fishing. In the end a few bad apples always ruin it for everyone I guess.
    If you click on the PDF it shows first place winner.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman1111 View Post
    If you click on the PDF it shows first place winner.
    Click on the word Gaston for the March tourney and there’s no first place. Maybe they didn’t change the PDF? Either way something went down.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast