Thread: Chosen By God

Chosen By God

2. Member
    The end cracked me up.

3. Member

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    what a sad misrepresentation of those two theologians ....................

P.s. I had to look into who this guy is so I went to his YouTube channel and watched his latest video called "conspiracies'" , here are a couple quotes from that 4 minute video.

1. going back 20 years , the world trade center collapsed without a plane hitting it ..................

2. a plane allegedly crashed into the pentagon, probably the most protected building on the planet and a plane was just able to sneak up

3. then he ends the video with............................God is in control

LOL if God is in control................then God is therefore sovereign . That's called reformed theology.

5. Member
    I especially loved his use of the word choose toward the end of the first video.

6. Member

7. Member
    PMantle.....................

two things

1. "Jacob have I loved, but Esau I have hated".............

2. "before they had done anything good or bad"...................

Is God Sovereign in whom he chose ( and chooses today ) ? or is mans will free .....................................?

Get your bible out and read the text in the above video,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Does God create unbelief"

I am sure you will cry out with Armenian view.....................THATS NOT FAIR......God cant do that.................mankind is Autonomous, we have Free Will !
    Last edited by godsdozer; 04-20-2021 at 10:53 PM.

8. Member
    There are some here on the faith forum who do not know what I meant ..................when I said........." the Armenian view "

Jacobus Arminius - Wikipedia

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    PMantle.....................

two things

1. "Jacob have I loved, but Esau I have hated".............

2. "before they had done anything good or bad"...................

Is God Sovereign in whom he chose ( and chooses today ) ? or is mans will free .....................................?

Get your bible out and read the text in the above video,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Does God create unbelief"

I am sure you will cry out with Armenian view.....................THATS NOT FAIR......God cant do that.................mankind is Autonomous, we have Free Will !
    I am no longer going to discuss anything to do with this Sproul guy. I do not view him as a Christian.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I am no longer going to discuss anything to do with this Sproul guy. I do not view him as a Christian.

This is the route people go when they can not give a biblical response..............They name call (ad Hom) , then anathema them.

For those who do not know the catholic term.................anathema

anathema \uh-NATH-uh-muh\ noun. 1 a : one that is cursed by ecclesiastical authority. b : someone or something intensely disliked or loathed — usually used as a predicate nominative. 2 a : a ban or curse solemnly pronounced by ecclesiastical authority and accompanied by excommunication.​

I am curious , in the above videos...................................which part made you come to the conclusion....................Dr. Sproul is NOT A CHRISTIAN ?

I think the readers on this forum would like to know your reasoning. I certainly would and yet I do not agree with Dr. Sproul on every point .
    Last edited by godsdozer; 04-30-2021 at 10:13 PM.