Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The reason we run Bullets......

and other cools boats like Allison's or anything else thats not a cookie cutter. I went to a big bass tournament this past weekend. At the gas station, at the hotel, everywhere we went, the Bullet became the center of attention. Makes a person proud to own something that most others recognize as being pretty darn cool, even if they don't want to own one or don't like them, they still acknowledge and respect what it is.

There were 300+ boats and I let the Bullet eat a little on blast off (actually I let it eat like a big man at an all you can eat buffet). I've had my same 20' Bullet for 18 years (I used to run a 280) back in 2003-2012. Back then it was like taking candy from a baby running to a spot on take off, but I will give others credit, today a lot of cookie cutter boats are running mid 70's and some even tic 80 (very rare).

We were on a big lake, not much wind on take off, but about 200 boats took off ahead of us. I knew It would be really rough trying to pass boats in all the boat wakes, and I always try to keep it safe, so I actually ran about a mile straight to the other side of the lake, and all the other boats where heading straight down lake as the crow flies. I was banking that once I hit good water I could make up ground.

It was about a 5 mile run straight South where the lake funnels into a turn (not counting the mile I ran out of my way). Sure enough, we found good water and I ringed that Merc v8 out and let that 32 pitch Max 5 work it's magic.

I'm not meaning to sound boastful or arrogant, I mean it as a complement to Bullet and Allison and other manufactures who understand there are folks who want something different, something more out of a boat.

I recognize that trying to run 100 mph in a bass boat may seem immature, childish, and just plumb stupid to most people, but thats why we have our support group here on Bassboatcentral........

I can hear the support group meeting starting now......Hi, my name is Steve, and I have a 100 mph bass boat..............ahhh, welcome Steve to Gotta-go-Fast in a bass boat anonymous.....

I still like my 18 yr old Bullet a lot... Never have I said that with many other boats I have owned.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    My Bullet is 24 years old, get people commenting on how beautiful a boat, when I tell them the age their jaw drops. The next question is how fast will it run, my answer is, I got up to 60 on the way to the lake and had to stop for a traffic light. lol

4. Member
    I get tons of comments on my Bullet, I don't think I have ever taken it out without someone commenting on how beautiful it is or saying I bet that that thing will scream.

I have to admit also. Something about the wonders of a Bullet that people cling to. Kinda like a Lamborghini, you may or may not want one and may or may not be able to afford one, but....you just gotta go look at it. I’ve got more looks at my Bullet than any boat I’ve ever owned. Love my Bullet!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    My Bullet is 24 years old, get people commenting on how beautiful a boat, when I tell them the age their jaw drops. The next question is how fast will it run, my answer is, I got up to 60 on the way to the lake and had to stop for a traffic light. lol

Same here Leonard. My 2005 Bullet gets so many comments every time I take it out, Gas station stops are always a big ego boost. Every time I tell folks that my boat is a 2005 I love to see the look of disbelief on their face, LOL. My boat dealer / mechanic had a shop close to a main road. He always asked every time I dropped it off for service work or a add on if I could leave it parked out front so it would draw more attention to his shop.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

7. Member
    Even people who don't fish or own boats have to ask how fast at the gas station lol. To me the coolest thing about owning a Bullet is that I've never seen another one at a ramp or on the water (Allisons too) that one of us didn't start a conversation and I've yet to meet one that tried to turn it into a competition or brag, just a friendly bunch of guys.

8. Member
    I call mine "the Tennessee Lambo"
    My Bullet is my pride and joy. Love driving it and fishing from it. I had wanted a Bullet for a long time. It was also the build quality and visual appeal of Bullets. I used to fish in a club and a couple guys ran a Bullet and that was the first time I saw guys wearing full face helmets in a boat. It always garners many compliments at the landing.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ETN_Bullet View Post
    Even people who don't fish or own boats have to ask how fast at the gas station lol. To me the coolest thing about owning a Bullet is that I've never seen another one at a ramp or on the water (Allisons too) that one of us didn't start a conversation and I've yet to meet one that tried to turn it into a competition or brag, just a friendly bunch of guys.
    Absolutely a great bunch of guys who love and own cool boats.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    I'm gonna have to use that one, thats funny!!!

11. Member
    I used to get complements on my 2001 and my 2004 21XDC's when I owned them, people couldn't believe my 2004 which I owned for 12 years was that old, now I have a 2016 21RDC, still get complements everywhere I go!!! It's a Pride thing, one guy I fish with has a Ranger, he won't own anything else, I wouldn't own anything but a Bullet!!! kinda like when I was growing up, always wanted a Corvette, now I own one, it's just in a boat form called a Bullet!!!!! just something about FAST boats in general, they attrack attention

12. Member
    I had some guys chase me down on the road one day after leaving a boat ramp up in Michigan. They just wanted to look and talk about my black SST. Of course the how fast question came in to play. I always answer the same. "Faster than most people want to go"
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

13. Member
    EXACTLY!!

When I picked my Bullet up for the first time, I didn’t make it 5 miles down the road to a gas station for a pop and two guys in a big 4 wheel drive flew in and hit me up on the questions. He told me, he only pulled in so he could look at it. I still had drool on my mouth from hooking it up to my truck for the first time!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

I'm about to enter Bullet #4. I've always had a reason to move on to another boat but I always know it's going to be another Bullet. But when I get a new one I seem to just update it all (boat, motor, trailer). I've had my present one for 13 years. I'm about to retire and I'm just going to upgrade everything and get me some damn Power Poles!!!!!!!!!!!!! To tell you the truth I never thought I'd own a 4-stroke outboard. Never say never I guess.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswipe View Post
    I'm about to enter Bullet #4. I've always had a reason to move on to another boat but I always know it's going to be another Bullet. But when I get a new one I seem to just update it all (boat, motor, trailer). I've had my present one for 13 years. I'm about to retire and I'm just going to upgrade everything and get me some damn Power Poles!!!!!!!!!!!!! To tell you the truth I never thought I'd own a 4-stroke outboard. Never say never I guess.
    I'm with you, never say never. I've had my same Bullet for 18 years. Started out with a 2.5 drag motor. Now I'm running a 250R, crazy! I never saw that coming. I've repowered my current Bullet 3 different times (trolling motor and electronics every time also). Most recent was a 2020 250R and ghost troller and the latest Lowrance had to offer. I'm thinking about retiring pretty soon too, and my wife has been on me to buy a new boat. Which I may do, and move everything I just bought over to the new hull. But just like you, no doubt it will be another Bullet, and prob be a 21'er this time.

I have a pair of 10' power poles and I will not own another boat without them, don't care if it costs me 5 mph on top, it's worth it. Paired with Spot Lock, I hardly ever have to set my beer down while fishing....

17. Scraps
    Rode in one with a guide on Lake Anna back in the 90s. I was impressed with the ride, performance and fishability.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

18. Banned
    How did you do in the tournament? Was you fishing or racing boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin catcher View Post
    I know you are just messing around but I was around when that was all the talk how "go fast boats" couldn't catch fish. Enter one Andy Morgan as first Bullet Pro Staffer. He shut that sh*t down fast. Didn't he win like three AOYs in 4 years out of a Bullet or something. Thanks Andy.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin catcher View Post
    LOL, a little of both I guess. I raced motocross until I was 52 years old, I have always fished, and have tournament fished for 30+ years, so I guess its my way of getting a little bit of both worlds in one. The 300+ boat tournament we cut a check, so all in all a good day. As I get older, I do focus more on the fishing than the racing..........but not by much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast