Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tilt trim will fail to raise sporadically

On several occasions I have tried to raise motor but all three switches do not work. 10 to 20 minutes later they function normally. They will lower motor but not raise it. Last year I had problem and was able to rotate the collar on the motor to adjust the stop.

Etec 150 ho 2014. E150DHLAA

2. Member
    Curious on this also, mines a 2014 225HP but I’ve had the very same problem on all three switches although it’s never lasted more than a couple seconds.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Description starts to seem like a problem TNT relay on the engine

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    Description starts to seem like a problem TNT relay on the engine
    Please explain more........like what it looks like and where on a 115 hp (2015 engine) as mine has started to do this, this year.

5. Member
    Part number is 586767. Best for you is to look up the parts catalog for the image and location. Look in the electrical section

6. Member

Tnt relay

[QUOTE=bighare;11831589]Part number is 586767. Best for you is to look up the parts catalog for the image and location. Look in the electrical section[/QUOTE

I ordered one today from DB Electrical. That part number runs from 40 bucks to 160 bucks depending on who you order from. All new not refurbished. Thanks.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Good luck.

8. Member
    I tightened up some ground wires on the TnT unit and yesterday it worked flawlessly............so I don't know if that was it or not. Hard to fix something that is not broke.

Bird, PLEASE report back after you install this part.

I've had the same issue lately on my 2008 200HO. Last year in the Fall the up stopped working a bit but the down worked. This was on all three switches. I would mess with the shifter a bit and just keep trying and then it would work again. It only happened a few times last year. This spring has been good but Saturday it started again and this time it was up and down. After a few minutes it started working again. It happened one more time that day. Could it be the TNT or possibly wires in the shifter?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Any thoughts from the pros here.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

11. Member
    Not if all three trim switches exhibit the same intermittent operation. Then the trim relay tends to be the culprit

[QUOTE=bird;11832488]
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    Part number is 586767. Best for you is to look up the parts catalog for the image and location. Look in the electrical section[/QUOTE

I ordered one today from DB Electrical. That part number runs from 40 bucks to 160 bucks depending on who you order from. All new not refurbished. Thanks.
    Hey Bird,

Any update on your order from DB Electrical?

13. Member
    TTT

14. Member
    Bird............I am GUESSING you no longer have a problem since we haven't heard back from you.

BTW I haven't had the problem come back since I tightened all the ground wires I could find for the Trim n Tilt unit.

Did you tighten any wires at the switches?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Did you tighten any wires at the switches?
    No sir, just at the TnT unit.

My trim was continuing to act up sporadically and kept me from where and how I wanted to fish. I just replaced it with a OEM part so we shall see if that did it. I'm not a fan of off brand electrical so I didn't order the part that Bird listed.

I had no issues with my TnT today. On top of that I won my club tnx with a bag weighing 17.69 pounds. I'm lost a big one and caught so many brothers of my smallest fish and just could not get rid of the 2.88 pounder. I culled twice and several more keepers just didn't help.

19. Member
    Since tightening all ground wires at the motor that I think were related to the TnT unit I have NOT had another problem. I also just added a Fuel Manager to my NMEA 2000 back bone to display fuel used and fuel left in the tank. I have not had a chance to test this new purchase but I'm not expecting any problems.

20. Member
    A update to this thread:

After tighting up all the grounds to the TnT unit and it work flawlessly for one year it's once again sporadically acting up again. So this time I ordered a Trim relay from Amazon for only $42.95. I will let you guys know how this works out once I get the unit (tomorrow) and install it. A OEM part goes about $175.

Hey Bird, how did your new relay turn out for you. Did you purchase a OEM part or a aftermarket one ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast