Bilge Pump Coming on for No Apparent Reason on 2018 Z520C

Anyone had an issue with bilge pump coming on for no apparent reason? It is clinking on and off, doesn't run continuously.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpshepherd150 View Post
    Anyone had an issue with bilge pump coming on for no apparent reason? It is clinking on and off, doesn't run continuously.
    Yes although mine was not intermittent - If you have an automatic one, it's possible that the pump "thinks" it has water in it. Could be anything, obstruction, or nothing. Ended up replacing mine.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response.

4. mikesxpress
    Depends on if the detection system is a sensor type or a float as to what can cause this. Start by removing the pump and cleaning everything.

For float type remove the screw holding the magnetic float inside the housing and thoroughly clean inside.

For sensor type clean the entire unit.

Bench test.

I believe some automatic pumps do this..... if they detect water, they keep running. Not sure on which system you have,

Rule Electronic Sensing Automatic Bilge Pumps deliver dependable performance with a "smart" design.
    These pumps boast "smart" operation, with an internal computer chip that cycles them on every 2 1/2 minutes, then quickly shuts them down if no water is detected.