Proud new HB owner....with a few questions

Got the new boat. Blown away by the birds (Solix G3's). Have them next to Lives, and the imaging is better by leaps and bounds.

I have a couple quick questions though:

1.) Like an idiot, I broke the pins on my Sonar/Temp Y cable connector. Is the replacement the 14 M ID SIDB Y cable? I hope so, because I ordered one lol.
    2.) And this is probably super basic, but I could not mess with it after I broke the pins. I have M360 on the bow, but want my buddies to be able to see it at the console. When I set console to M360, there is no transducer. How I get it to show the image from the bow? I do have ethernet, so I'm assuming it's just a ducer setting.
    3.) Not sure which way to go on Map Chips....So I'll probably do a Lakemaster and Navionics. Outside of price, is there a reason to consider regular vs. LM Plus? How do I toggle between chips?

Sorry about the elementary nature of the questions, I was just unable to tinker after initial trip due to breaking the pins on the connector. I looked at the manual, but it's like 10000 pages so I wanted to check with the experts!

2. Member
    Not sure about the Solix but on the Helix Units, you can go into the network tab and choose "Network Source" or something similar.
    There you can pick which unit is supplying the DI, SI, Mega 360, Temp, GPS, Etc. Maybe something similar on Solix Units?

My Helix 10 on the front shows me side imaging from a helix 12 MSI at the helm.....very cool stuff indeed.
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

1. Yes that is the current Y cable for a SOLIX. It replaced the 14 M SIDB Y cable.

2. To select the source of Sonar, DI, SI, 360=that is in the Setting menu/SONAR/Sonar Source.

3. The best mapping for you is a product that has the coverage and detail you want where you want it.
    You can see the lake lists for Lakemaster on the Humminbird website
    You can view the current actual contour maps that Navionics has on their website's Chart Viewer.
    You select the map product in the Settings menu/Chart tab.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Awesome info...appreciate the prompt response also, thank you.