Thread: Active Target

Active Target

So i purchased it about a month ago.
    Right off started having issues. Called Lowrance and they will send a new transducer on 4/25. I called today to check and now it's 'unknown".
    I can return it to BPS and get another but scared of getting another dud.

Has anyone got one from BPS lately that works correctly? I almost wanna return it all and go Garmin.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

They replaced mine, originally received on 1/23. The replacement works good.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I got ours from BPS and it works fine. It was early March.

4. Member
    What issues are you having?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeFanatic View Post
    What issues are you having?
    Does not pick up past 20 ft. strong images up to 15ft but it has never looked like others i seen as far as clarity.
    Spent 2 hours on the line with support and they decided to send a replacement.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

6. Member
    Did it have the ferrite choke installed a few inches from the transducer on the transducer wire? I believe if you have that chole its the updated transducer.

Many of us got the one with the choke from the get go, they were bad too so that's not an indicator of a good or bad transducer.
    2B576211

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Did it have the ferrite choke installed a few inches from the transducer on the transducer wire? I believe if you have that chole its the updated transducer.
    Yes it does.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RdRngR View Post
    Many of us got the one with the choke from the get go, they were bad too so that's not an indicator of a good or bad transducer.
    Yep.
    It sucks to be $3k into this system and it's worthless. Now they can't tell me when they can replace it. Makes me want to return it and go Livescope.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

10. Member
    I know how you feel. I have Lowrance Elite TI2 9" and 12". Considered the Active Target, but from what I've seen the image clarity is still better with LiveScope! Also, Lowrance technical support is horrible. You get some offshore agent that only reads a script and doesn't know the product. For all I know Humingbird and Garmin may be the same. What really irritates me is Lowrance and probably the others too make these uits obsolete in 2-3 years and then yo have to buy all new units. The majority of these changes can be done with software updates, but they want to sell you another unit to make $$$$$. For a "Hobby", this is getting too expensive. You would think the competition would drive the price down, but mysteriously they all have similar prices and MAP pricing too. Price fixing? Makes you wonder........

Quote Originally Posted by rock2033 View Post
    Yep.
    It sucks to be $3k into this system and it's worthless. Now they can't tell me when they can replace it. Makes me want to return it and go Livescope.
    Last edited by natchomamma; 04-20-2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason: update

11. Member
    Yes there customer service sucks when I had birds and called them you actually spoke to someone from this country that's used these graphs I'm over 6k into them and wish I had birds or Garmin's