Compartment lights

1997 186 elite ........ are there any LED drop in replacements for the rocker style compartment lights?

2. Member
    I started researching this about 3 months back. If I remember correctly I took one of the bulbs to an auto parts store and found a LED bulb.

I changed my mind as 1 complete light was gone from my rod locker and the other 2 lights had cracked plastic around the screw holes.

I replaced with 12" white led strip lights with motion sensors in the 3 front compartments.

Ronnie
    2006 Champion 198 DCX Elite / Mercury 225 Pro XS

3. Member
    Flashnyellow........ can you post a link as to where you got those lights & motion detectors. I noticed today that my lights themselves are in pretty bad shape. Non functional for years. I only need the 3 front also thank you.

4. Member
    I got the three 12" LED lights at TH Marine.

LED Flex Strip Lights with Track - Link: https://thmarinesupplies.com/product...t=424209842204

I got the three DC6V-24V Mini PIR Motion Sensor Switches on ebay.

Ronnie
    2006 Champion 198 DCX Elite / Mercury 225 Pro XS

5. Member
    Yes, they make replacement fixtures with LED's. They look factory. I can't remember the brand... I'll have to look. I like it left of the console, but they don't do much for the rod lockers and center storage. Like others, I added additional LED's and mercury switches to the lockers and center deck storage. Use quality products and do it right the first time.
    Champion 206
    250XB

6. Member
    You can take out the bulbs and measure them in mm. Just order the correct size led festoon bulb from a site such as super bright leds. That’s what I did.