2017 mercury 250Pro'Xs throttle control sticking issue.

Hello, Maybe just a fluke issue but just wanted to pass on the discovery. About a year after purchase, I woukd occasionally get a sticking issue going I and out if gear, both directions. I had a stuck transducer wire and had to remove the shifter to gain access. Once it was out, I decided to look inside the shifter for a possible issue.. I found these 2 screws backed out and must have been getting stuck by the mechanism. The other ones were loose as well. I locktighted them all back in so hopefully no more problems. Just some info if you have had a similar issue. 20210418_124047.jpg
    Sponsors(Eco Pro tungsten,Lews,Strike King,Gamma,Hayabusa Hooks,Mercury Pro team, Super Stick push poles,VFX Custom Wraps, BuckNBass,TackleWarehouse,Elite Rod Sleeves,Bobs Machine Shop, JB Custom Rods,Reynolds marine, BassFishinElectronics )

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a minute to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Good catch! That's definitely a potential safety concern, glad that you were able to address it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor