Solix to Ultrex US2

So my SI transducer I have mounted to my Ultrex quit working over the weekend and instead of buying a new one I would like to utilize the US2 transducer until MEGA Live comes out. I know the part I need is MKR-US2-13 but do I also need to get a extension cable as well?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    So my SI transducer I have mounted to my Ultrex quit working over the weekend and instead of buying a new one I would like to utilize the US2 transducer until MEGA Live comes out. I know the part I need is MKR-US2-13 but do I also need to get a extension cable as well?

Thanks,
    The US2 cable is plenty long if you have it. I disconnected mine inside the top of the motor so there is no visible cable for it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Gotcha. I was at Bass Pro yesterday and the display motors had a super long cable but mine only comes out maybe 6" from the head. I guess I will see if it is shoved in there somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    Gotcha. I was at Bass Pro yesterday and the display motors had a super long cable but mine only comes out maybe 6" from the head. I guess I will see if it is shoved in there somehow.
    The US2 cable is 110" long and attaches to the cable that goes down the motor shaft to the transducer. You have to attach the cable that comes with the motor to that short cable and then add the Humminbird adapter.
    There won't be that much cable shoved in the top of the motor.

Part # 2211415

Parts (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Got it and thank you for the part number and help. The guy I bought the boat from did not give me that so I will order that as well.