Boat Trailer Light Problem

I have a 2018 Sabre FTD and noticed that one of my rear brake lights on the left tail light wasn't working. It's a non LED Optronics ST 70 RB and has one bulb that controls the brakes, lights, flasher. I swapped the left with the right and still nothing, so I switched them back and now the right rear only works when truck headlights is on and no blinker or brake on that side, so both are not operating as they should. I am unsure if it's a ground wire issue or even possibly that the plug from the boat to the truck is bad. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    If you have the swing away younger always check for a cut pinched wire

3. Member

Thumbs Up

Start at the source and work your way back. Usually grounds are a common issue with trailer lights. Use a test light with a good known ground.

4. Member
    I found the issue. It was actually a fuse in my truck that controls the trailer lights. Glad it was an easy fix. Thanks everyone for the for the assistance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I found the issue. It was actually a fuse in my truck that controls the trailer lights. Glad it was an easy fix. Thanks everyone for the for the assistance.
    something blew the fuse? might have a chaffed wire somewhere? would get some spare fuses for glovebox
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools