Lund Pro V Bass vs Crestliner Bass Hawk price

What do you guys think about the price difference between the Pro-v Bass and Fish Hawk? It’s between $7-$10k more for the Lund with the same options. The Lund pad hull is superior and so are the larger storage compartments. But would YOU save 7-10k and go with the Fish Hawk?

2. Member
    In my opinion....after all the issues there have been with crestliner hulls I would stick with the lund. In my mind it is well worth the money.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

3. Member
    I recently compared those two and decided on the Lund....overall length (too long) and unpolished finish were the main drivers. The price wasn't that much difference when I quoted out a few of them....which made the decision very easy for me. Good luck.

4. Banned
    you get what you pay for.

5. Member
    I didn't think it was worth the price difference - BUT only for me. I don't run rough water, I don't need dry storage, I don't run more than 5 mins between fishing spots. I sure didn't need 200hp.

Here is the problem with buying the crestliner (I got the 1750 with 115hp), if you run big water, if you fish where it can be wet, do you worry about welds breaking, you will always wonder "what if?"

I got the crestliner just for me - i wanted a deep v boat with bass boat layout and I put *maybe* 20 hours on the outboard a year, 100s on the trolling motor. Here is another thread that can help.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1012446

6. Member
    Ive got an 1850 Basshawk with Merc 1504s. I think it’s great. It’s not waterproof at all. I fish Mille Lacs once in awhile— big,round,wavy lake. It does fine. Mine was a demo so I got a pretty good deal. No regrets. Fishes great. Plenty of storage. I’m not aware of issues with hull. What’s the deal?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodaksam View Post
    Ive got an 1850 Basshawk with Merc 150 4s. I think it’s great. It’s not waterproof at all. I fish Mille Lacs once in awhile— big,round,wavy lake. It does fine. Mine was a demo so I got a pretty good deal. No regrets. Fishes great. Plenty of storage. I’m not aware of issues with hull. What’s the deal?
    No issues with the this model's hull i believe, its been around a long, long time (it is a freaking fish hawk hull). Now the PT20 on the other hand I hear is nightmare (according to the guy on this board).

At the cost of some of the higher end aluminum boats, I would just rather get a fiberglass and be done with it. I don't believe in the hype of "gas savings" towing them since they all need a full size truck at the end of the day.

All arguing maybe moot anyhow depending on dealer availability; it just comes down to welded vs. riveted and cost.