Problem calibrating Livescope compass

I tried to calibrate my compass and for some reason I could not get the calibration sequence to start. I have a 126vs unit, and livescope with the LVS32 transducer. Transducer is in the forward orientation, I deploy my Ulterra trolling motor, and go through the menus to get to calibration. When I hit begin, I get the message "transducer must be in correct orientation before starting calibration" or something along those lines.

I tried it a few times and couldn't get it to work.

Any ideas?

My compass has never been calibrated up to now.

Calibration is a waste of time. Never shows proper beam direction and you need to recalibrate every time you change views

I would take auto orientation off and select manually forward and try that
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I would take auto orientation off and select manually forward and try that
    I thought of that too. I gave it a try.

I put the 126vs on livescope screen, orientation set to Forward, transducer set in Forward position (port side install if that matters). I still got the same message.

Weird, what were the conditions out when you tried? For best results flat calm at least no waves and no electricity in the air this can be a thunderstorm coming in a few hours or super dry and maybe some dust causing static electricity. Also doesn't it saw clock wise turns? You didn't go counterclockwise did you?

Weird, what were the conditions out when you tried? For best results flat calm at least no waves and no electricity in the air this can be a thunderstorm coming in a few hours or super dry and maybe some dust causing static electricity. Also doesn't it saw clock wise turns? You didn't go counterclockwise did you?
    There was a chop on the water, not flat calm.

The instructions says you can try it either way counter clockwise or clockwise, but I never even got to that step. Every time I would hit the "BEGIN" button on the 126sv, it would not go to the next step - and the transducer orientation message was on the screen.

Weird, what's the reason you want the indicator now? You haven't used it before? Do you have a heading sensor?

8. Member
    How about a pic of the transducer install?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Weird, what's the reason you want the indicator now? You haven't used it before? Do you have a heading sensor?
    I just installed Livescope over the winter, so I had not gotten around to calibrating it yet. The indicator is a neat feature, that's the only reason I would want it. I certainly don't need it. I have an occasional issue with the lake bottom showing up at a 45 degree angle in Forward mode, and the it occasionally will switch to down orientation when I am in forward (with auto-orientation enabled). I was hoping calibration might help resolve those two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    How about a pic of the transducer install?
    I don't have a picture handy. I am pretty sure the transducer is installed correctly.

11. Member
    Could be. However, if the transducer gets mixed up on determining the orientation, it likely that either the mounting is off or the shaft is not plumb, or the sensor is failing.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Member
    This is why I keep looking for a Point 1 on sale. If this works, it shows the direction of your cone in relation to a waypoint on your maps...sweet!

13. Member
    watch this

I have my live scope mounted on a pole so is easy to do like he shows you I have a 126

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    watch this

I have my live scope mounted on a pole so is easy to do like he shows you I have a 126
    cool extra features he covers. Hopefully I can get the unit to let me calibrate. I am going to try and click the transducer up or down a click (from forward orientation) and see if that lets me calibrate without the transducer orientation error message.

I turn AHRS off and manually select forward. Obviously no calibration.If I turn AHRS ON and properly calibrate, Will the LS image be any different?
    Or is the only difference, the things he showed in the vid. Ty

16. Banned
    make sure AHRS is turned on, what that does is makes the sonar reading clear when your boat is bouncing up and down in the waves, it could also make your transducer switch from forward to down if it wasnt dead clam seas. Also I couldn't get my boat icon to show the correct position of the live scope until I added a steady cast heading sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by jessemyers View Post
    I tried to calibrate my compass and for some reason I could not get the calibration sequence to start. I have a 126vs unit, and livescope with the LVS32 transducer. Transducer is in the forward orientation, I deploy my Ulterra trolling motor, and go through the menus to get to calibration. When I hit begin, I get the message "transducer must be in correct orientation before starting calibration" or something along those lines.

I tried it a few times and couldn't get it to work.

Any ideas?

My compass has never been calibrated up to now.
    I got on on Saturday and it was a pretty calm day. Tried the calibration sequence and had no issues. Calibration accepted the first time. Only difference was less chop on the water.

18. Member
    I know this is older but i had the same issue with mine this past Friday freshly after I updated same message and it was a calm morning no chop on the water and direction set to forward any idea?

19. Member
    Add me to the group...got the same "transducer must be in correct orientation" message and would not allow me to begin at all. There was a very slight chop on the water. I'll give it another try on a dead calm day but beyond that I have no idea. I do not have the heading sensor. I have a Helix 10 next to my 126sv on the bow and a Helix 12 on the console. I think I'll turn them off before I begin in case there's any interference. Beyond that, I'm lost.
    Let me ask, does it make any difference if I'm in Perspective mode or Forward mode? Nothing in the manual points to that.

Must be in forward model. Calibrating does absolutely nothing helpful thay I can find