2021 Skeeter FXR 21 - Tight Spaces Navigation Input

Have an FXR 21 and wanted to get input from others on navigating it in tight spaces.

Came from another 21’ boat but seem to have issues navigating the new FXR 21 in a marina with tight spaces when launching.

Seeking input of the hydraulic jackplate should be high or low to get better response in trying navigate.

It acts like a 30’ pontoon as it seems to drift and not be very responsive to turning.

The boat has a hotfoot and when you put it in gear what RPM should the range be. Looking for any insight.

2. Member
    I don't know about the HYD Jackplate, but every Skeeter I've owned reacts better when trimmed up about 25%.

3. Member
    Thanks GM482V!

4. Member
    When launching and loading/ navigating marinas I just set mine on the trim rods. Tilt it down till it bumps the trim rods and I never notice any issues

5. Member
    You are right, they are not very responsive. They are designed to float high and be pulled from the front by the trolling motor or fly down the lake at 70 mph.
    I trim my motor up in and around the marina and boat ramps which helps but in windy conditions it can be tricky.
    I think my RPMs are around 700 or so at idle at 3.2 MPH.
    If it's that crowded or you need more precision put the TM down.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I’ve never had this issue with any of my FX’s over the years. I’d say trim down with plate on 5-7... Wish I could be more help but your FXR should be very stable and easy to maneuver, especially in calm waters. I’d say more seat time will get you used to it.. Good luck

7. Member
    I’ll check my RPM’s next time I’m out as I never look when I’m idling. If I put it in gear it slowly creeps forward and it’s just about the same as most other 20’-21’ rigs I’ve drove over the years.

8. Member
    I really have not noticed any difference on my ZXR21 coming out of a Ranger 372.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR21 Yamaha SHO 250
    1993 Ranger 372 Mercury 150 XR6