Share waypoints but not transducers but I want to share temp????

System is as follows. I have three hds live 12’s on my boat. I have them all Ethernet together and two of the units are on a nmea system (only need dash to read motor and bow to read point 1 for heading). I am fairly comfortable with the system and understand the menu and network capabilities but.... here is my question:

Can I share my waypoints and temp but not the transducers? I have two on my dash, one for mapping and running so I don’t care if that unit reads my 3 in 1. The second dash unit is for the 3 in 1 and scanning. The bow also has a 3 in 1 on a RMP tm mount (which I highly recommend!). I want all the units to read the same temp probe for consistency and all the units to share waypoints but not transducer info. Can this be done?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Turn off Network sonar. Waypoints sync automatically. Go to Pages, Settings, Network, Data Sources on each unit. On the Sonar tab set Scope to Local, open the tab select Temp and pick the unit you want to use. A reminder though, temp shares over NMEA if one of your units is not on the network, you won’t be able to select it as source or share to it. You really should have all units on the NMEA. So they can all use the Point 1 for Heading.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    I like to run a separate temperature sensor (not one on a transducer) that is flush mounted in my Ranger splash well, and set it to global so that all my HDS units read it. This makes it completely independent of transducers and transducer settings. Definitely connect all of your HDS units to your Point-1.

You might also want to check out this article on the Point-1:
    https://storage.westernbass.com/mag_...ge6/index.html
    Last edited by Marc Marcantonio; 04-19-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    ciao,
    Marc

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys! I wasn't aware I could turn off network sonar! That should be the ticket for the first big step for me.

Yes I am looking at adding a temp probe and hooking up my Point 1 to the third unit.