2000 Aires RAM 2100

New to posting on the forum. I read things here all the time. I am looking at a 2000 Aires RAM 2100. Was hoping to find a bit more information about this model. I hear the Aires are good boats, and fast. How is the fishing platform? I read the hulls were hand laid. Anything anyone can add or confirm would be very helpful.

2. Member
    The entire boat is hand-laid. NO chopper gun was in the factory. All corners have had an extra layer of 7" tape and sorry I don't remember the ounce of the tape. This is why you shouldn't see any stress cracks on the boat. Stress cracks were very very rare regardless of how the boat was treated.. The 2000 year models were an option of composite or wood. Year 2001 is when all models were full composite. Mike was waiting for Earl to get that composite mess worked out, before they went with the composite.. If the boat is wood that's not a problem at all. I just sold a 98 wood that was as solid as the day it was built. About like anything else, its how its taken care of. Composites can go bad as well. That year the boats were still Vinyl Esters so no worry of any blisters on the hull. EPA started that a couple of years later. The boat sits great to fish from and rides like a cadlillac . You didn't mention motor or prop so I cant give you the average speed other than saying you should be over 70mph. I don't remember the degree angle of the transom, but you should be able to be running wide open and shut the key off. The carpet will stay dry. Not many boats out there that you can do that with. Billy built it so I wouldn't be afraid of the boat quality. Id be a lot more concerned with the motor up keep. Good luck with your new adventure.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply and information. The motor is a Yamaha Vmax 250.

4. Member
    nice
    90 Shadow 20' Mod V w/ 200 Merc - Total resto and loving it!
    Here's my build from cap-off to boat in the water.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=336645