Thread: NASCAR racing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NASCAR racing

I do not watch NASCAR often but it amazes me how much one of those vehicles cost or just to change the tires the travel what do the main sponsor pay a driver per year? Do they use the same car at every race Man that’s expensive to do. How can the drivers Afford to keep up with that sport.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Drivers are paid they don't pay for the cars...

You think Nascars expensive check out F1...budgets were over 450 million for a year, starting this year they are capped at "only" 145 million.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    That’s interesting but somebody has to pay for that car and everything that goes with it that Hass to be costly does a sponsor cover that kind of money

4. Member
    Back a few years ago they had way more cars than now. A wild guess would b around 10 to 15 million a year foe sponsorship. I am pretty sure this is why a lot of the cars have different sponsors at times.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Back a few years ago they had way more cars than now. A wild guess would b around 10 to 15 million a year foe sponsorship. I am pretty sure this is why a lot of the cars have different sponsors at times.
    Easily that much...i have a friend who ead in the buisness...10 years ago it was costing the team he worked for 35million a year....and they were not a topntier team
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

6. Member
    Op....teams have several cars...like SHM, Hendrick, gibbs prolly hsve 20 cars per team for a season...at least
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Drivers are paid they don't pay for the cars...

You think Nascars expensive check out F1...budgets were over 450 million for a year, starting this year they are capped at "only" 145 million.

Women are much hotter in F1 series.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    wait a sec thats something NASCRAKEN would say lol

You think that's bad you should see what the every day joe is paying to compete locally. Dirt super late model engines going for as much as our boats and chassis about the same. Even going down the classes is insane but damn it's fun lol

10. Member
    I dont know that Hailie Deegan chick isnt bad on the eyes. In proper attire she could easily open the bar. Those pesky fire suits just dont do it for me LOL

11. Member
    It was good to see the 48 win today.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by ChampioNman

Quote Originally Posted by Chizler62 View Post
    wait a sec that's something NASCRAKEN would say lol

Always like a little humor and lively discussion on the BBC Threads NASCRAKEN now that is a new one in the BBC Glossary of Terms if I'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    You think that's bad you should see what the every day joe is paying to compete locally. Dirt super late model engines going for as much as our boats and chassis about the same. Even going down the classes is insane but damn it's fun lol
    I was working out at the gym a few years ago and got to talking to a fella learned that he and his Dad built engines for Sprint Cars and asked him what their finished product cost he said 25K and up I don't know much about Sprint Cars is that an accurate estimate from 2014?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I was working out at the gym a few years ago and got to talking to a fella learned that he and his Dad built engines for Sprint Cars and asked him what their finished product cost he said 25K and up I don't know much about Sprint Cars is that an accurate estimate from 2014?
    I dont know much about sprint but I can tell you it would not be hard at all to spend 25k on a drag engine. Heck if you went really high end you could be 25k in the top end alone

15. Member
    I don't see how Nascar is paying for things. When you go at Bristol from 180,000 in the stands for a race to under 10,000, it sure isn't ticket sales. I think in all pro sports sponsors are getting raped for not that much gain.

16. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if you want to win it would most likely cost you "and up"

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I dont know much about sprint but I can tell you it would not be hard at all to spend 25k on a drag engine. Heck if you went really high end you could be 25k in the top end alone
    Yep from what you and Bassman/IA told us on the Drag Racing Thread a while back that would be small potatoes in that world. I was never a real Drag Racing Fan but becoming totally intrigued by their mechanical skills and how quick they tear down those engines in between race heats.

18. Member
    But nascar chicks like to get a little dirty.

We spent more than than on our late model sportsman car 20 years ago.

20. Member
    55k for a dirt late model engine these days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast