Recessed pedal tray 175vs

So I’ve decided ide like to put a pedal tray in and save my back the agony of being up on the ultrex pedal all day, has any one done this in a 05 175vs? I’ve been looking it over to see if it’s possible and I’m going to take up some real estate in my Center compartment but not enough to effect my storage. My real question is, is there any wire chases through the Center of e boat I see 4 tubs each side when I take the bow plate off, but when I look in Center compartment there’s a semi round tube seemingly glasses in the deck but no sign of what it may be on the upper side of the deck any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    My 07 188vs had a glassed in recess coverd by the deck, apparently it was an option to have it cut out at the time although it was still there. Being 45 minutes away I took it to Ranger for them to cut the deck and all I needed was the trim ring for the carpet. The recess is glass and matches the boat. With the bow plate off when you look down is there hole in the foam wall with a piece of pvc? If so that's the drain for the already in place recess which you appear to have by the picture posted.

I had one installed when I bought my 06. It is an aftermarket piece, done by Ranger. From what I see, there are not any wiring running down the center, and placement does not cut into the front storage. Just upgraded electronics, tubes on each side, none center. The only "tube" is at the bottom of front panel, it is the opening for the drain.

4. Member
    Before I had it done you could kind of see a raise in the deck around the TM pedal.
    20161105_143631_zpsaqcpbhfb.jpg
    Last edited by Cestratton; 04-18-2021 at 04:09 PM.

5. Member
    This is after Ranger cut it out and installed the trim ring.
    20180511_134329.jpg
    20180511_133053.jpg
    Last edited by Cestratton; 04-18-2021 at 04:11 PM.

6. Member
    It appears yours is like mine, it's there just have to cut the area of the deck to expose it. I wasn't comfortable doing that is why I went to Ranger it only cost me like $14 for the carpet trim ring.

7. Member
    Seems like a risky move cutting in hoping to find a tray covered over, maybe I’ll get in touch with a local ranger dealer and see if they have any input. Also would the pre glassed in tray be large enough for an ultrex pedal or what I have to do some modifications anyway?

8. Member
    Out of curiosity I went and pulled a bunch of stuff out of my front box as I've never stuck my head in and looked up there. Either way there's no wires or anything to worry about in that area when cutting because regardless of if you have one or not you'll still have to cut.
    20210418_161558.jpg
    Last edited by Cestratton; 04-18-2021 at 04:40 PM.

9. Member
    Great thank you for help Cestratton! I’m going to get an after market tray and dive in and see where it’s get me.

10. Member
    I bought a Comfortroll Deluxe and had a guy install it for me (too scared to cut a hole in my own boat). Mine was a 2000 R83 so there was no existing tray. Went fishing with it for the first time today and all I can say is "Why did I wait this long to do this?"
    TOLLING MOTOR TRAY.jpg

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crandall12 View Post
    Great thank you for help Cestratton! I’m going to get an after market tray and dive in and see where it’s get me.
    As far as the Ultrex pedal fitting when it came out that was the big question for guys with Z boats pre C model that have the same recess as mine and they did fit. I've got an order in for an Ultrex that will eventually get here so we'll see. If you do dive in and find that a recess is there that would be great and you could just get the trim piece and return the aftermarket one you bought, if in fact one is already there just be careful not to damage it as it was part of the mold and you wouldn't want to compromise that. My suggestion when you are ready to insal would be to cut a small hole out in the area and see what's down there.
    Last edited by Cestratton; 04-18-2021 at 08:05 PM.

12. Member
    I did this install this weekend on my 2005 175vs comfortroll deluxe. I have pictures, but don’t know how to post.
    You will run into the pvc wire chase, but mine has no wires in it. Then you will have to cut out the front compartment a little bit.
    Turned out real nice and the job was tedious but not difficult.

The comfortroll deluxe outer trim plate was slightly off on the screw holes to the actual pan. That made it take a little longer than it should have, but overall not bad.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crandall12 View Post
    So I’ve decided ide like to put a pedal tray in and save my back the agony of being up on the ultrex pedal all day, has any one done this in a 05 175vs? I’ve been looking it over to see if it’s possible and I’m going to take up some real estate in my Center compartment but not enough to effect my storage. My real question is, is there any wire chases through the Center of e boat I see 4 tubs each side when I take the bow plate off, but when I look in Center compartment there’s a semi round tube seemingly glasses in the deck but no sign of what it may be on the upper side of the deck any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hope this helps.
    image1(1).jpeg
    image3(1).jpeg
    image2(1).jpeg

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basspro05 View Post

That looks awesome! Very helpful , going to get started on it as soon as my tray comes in.
    thanks!

15. Banned
    I fabricated one with .125 aluminum a few years ago. Was not going to work with my then Ranger Cherokee 207(1996). Going to see if will fit in my 2001 Ranger Cherokee 217.