St. Clair launches....

Can anyone recommend safe hotel/launch area for St. Clair around Detroit? Coming out 2nd week May to try some smallmouth fishing. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    There are some good options that are all reasonable. Although Roseville gives quick access avoid that area. There are decent hotels in the Sterling Heights area, roughly 25 minute drive to the water. Lots of choices for food as well in that area.

I would recommend the Chesterfield Township area (Hall Road and I-94) . There are 3-4 hotels in that area and it's popular when the professionals or big tourneys come to town. Some decent food options as well. There is state owned launch 10 minutes away (Selfridge) . It give you access to Anchor Bay. I would also suggest making the drive to Harley Ensign (20 minutes) its a great launch that puts you in a good spot to go just about anywhere you want.

The bi-polar weather should stabilize and that is going to be a great time to come up. Given the temp of the water that should be prime time if we can warm it up over the next few weeks.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    There are some good options that are all reasonable. Although Roseville gives quick access avoid that area. There are decent hotels in the Sterling Heights area, roughly 25 minute drive to the water. Lots of choices for food as well in that area.

I would recommend the Chesterfield Township area (Hall Road and I-94) . There are 3-4 hotels in that area and it's popular when the professionals or big tourneys come to town. Some decent food options as well. There is state owned launch 10 minutes away (Selfridge) . It give you access to Anchor Bay. I would also suggest making the drive to Harley Ensign (20 minutes) its a great launch that puts you in a good spot to go just about anywhere you want.

The bi-polar weather should stabilize and that is going to be a great time to come up. Given the temp of the water that should be prime time if we can warm it up over the next few weeks.
    Thanks bud! Appreciate the help.

4. Member
    I would second the recommendation listed above and probably wouldn't stay anywhere else near St Clair. Selfridge will be your closest launch but Harley is definitely the best and biggest launch on the lake. You'll be in the northern section of the lake but not a bad boat ride to great fishing. May be a little early but Bouvier Bridge Marina has a cool new campground on the north end of Anchor bay and there is a DNR ramp across the street. I wouldn't stay in the Roseville area if it was free but many will suggest that area, so good luck and keep an eye on the wind!