Livescope setup Help needed

Need some help, went today for 2nd time out with Garmin livescope 32, Tried every color but today amber showed best, tried setting appearance, gain, distance, depth, and can see fish just blurry, and certainly can’t see jig/line. Forward view I quit messing with perspective till I can figure this out, about ready to take it off, but I know it’s just the right person helping a guy out with the right settings. Thanks for any advice on settings. Best it got

Check out this video.....

Aiming is hard, could be your only issue, it very well could take 10 good low wind days to figure out. Keep at it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    What graph are you using?

5. Member
    Make sure you actually have it shooting forward. Mine, and a friend of mine, both had ours back ward at first. I had to approach a bank to see that the slope was backwards.

6. Member
    Do you have a picture of your transducer to make sure mine is correctly installed

7. Member
    I have the Garmin Sv plus. Would like to find a bigger screen now if can get this figured out

8. Member
    I sure appreciate everyone help. This makes a difference when you have fellow anglers willing to help

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Make sure you actually have it shooting forward. Mine, and a friend of mine, both had ours back ward at first. I had to approach a bank to see that the slope was backwards.
    Do you have picture of yours installed I think I have it right but like to make sure

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunting View Post
    Do you have picture of yours installed I think I have it right but like to make sure
    I do not, but I have seen(twice) where a starboard side install has the top of the ducer level. Only port install is that way. Here is a pic,
    full-46975-57403-1download.jpg

11. Member
    Oh, and I cannot believe that guy in the vid recommends 60' for range. That's nuts. I may go as far as 45 when searching, but when fishing, I am back down to about 20.

12. Member
    I put my perspective mount on from the get go but decided after first trip to remove and replace with the factory provided slant shaft mount to better learn the basic operation. I have been out now about 5 times with it and just caught my first jerkbait / Livescope bass, which was epic! Now that I got better idea of how to manipulate the settings I will probably add the perspective mount back in the mix in week or so. One thing I have learned is that you will constantly be tweaking the settings based on conditions, it’s easy just not as much of a set and forget as SV or DV.