Best budget hydraulic jackplate?

Thinking about upgrading my jackplate on my 99 tr21. It's an original Land & Sea, looks to only be a 4" plate. Thinking of going 10", but trying not to break the bank. I'd love a Bob's but I just don't seem to use it enough to warrant the $1500 price tag. Are there any cheaper options that are still reliable? I like the bobs bc everything of the design.

Buy a used one !! I got a used one on BBC added a new gauge, and pump and still came in under $800.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdub_02 View Post
    Thinking about upgrading my jackplate on my 99 tr21. It's an original Land & Sea, looks to only be a 4" plate. Thinking of going 10", but trying not to break the bank. I'd love a Bob's but I just don't seem to use it enough to warrant the $1500 price tag. Are there any cheaper options that are still reliable? I like the bobs bc everything of the design.
    make sure your cables, hoses, and fuel lines have enough length to move it back that far or will need to add those items into the pricing
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Have you verified that 10" is what you want for sure ? If you haven't researched that issue it might be worth it to make sure before you pull the trigger.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    I've looked periodically and haven't seen any recently. I'd love to find a good used one honestly.

I will verify that my cables/lines will have enough room to get a bigger jp.

I'm not 100% set on the setback, just read some threads where 10 or 12 inch was recommended. I'm pretty happy with the performance now, so maybe 10" isn't needed.

6. Member
    You cant go wrong with a Bobs if you can find a nice used one by all means but you’ll only have to spend that $1500 once. In my opinion there the best jack plates out there and there customer service is top notch and there very willing to help answer any questions you may have which means a lot these days.

7. Member
    I actually just went to hydrilla gear website and a normal action Jac 8" plate is just under 1100. That's pretty reasonable. I'd just need the gauge and pay labor for install. Not in a rush so maybe I'll get lucky and find a used bobs.