Just a heads up on the 2021 vortex hubs

If you have a 2021 boat with vortex hubs. This year they changed the dusk covers old ones will not work. My boat came in with a broke dusk cover dealer had to order the new one. It has the letters FVD on the cover . I know I am going to order me a set to have on hand because I know sooner are later one will crack.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Member
    I have the 2018 models and they crack, break on a regular basis. Has anyone figured out a way to keep these things together?

Don't over tighten.

same warning goes to us with older ones, the new ones will not fit. It's a course vs fine thread deal.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Don't over tighten.

same warning goes to us with older ones, the new ones will not fit. It's a course vs fine thread deal.

I don't know. One of mine came in broke on my new boat . They told me the old one will not fit had to order one.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

5. Member
    They can be found on ebay for around 25 bux for a two pack. Received mine within a few days of ordering. Still waiting for the one my boat dealer ordered for me at the same time... (its been a few weeks now)

FWIW.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Don't over tighten.

I’m on set 3 and have never used any thing other than my bare hands and I’m not a large guy.

Finger tight not hand tight.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    I picked up my new boat Friday and it had a broken dust cover as well. The brand is FDL. The Vortex or Vault covers won’t fit. Tracker gave me a new Vortex brand and won’t screw on. Just lovely. Can’t take the boat out until I get this fixed. Going to call FDL Fasteners in the morning. The two Trackers stores in my area don’t have those in stock.

if anyone know where to get them please let me know

9. Member
    Email Eric Pender triplecustom@gmail.com he makes the caps in aluminum.
    Rad Brewer

10. Member
    I’m in the same boat...picked up on my boat on THU and my prep dude told me the deal...back ordered on correct sized dust caps and the temp ones that are on there now are crap he says. The FDL’s. The lone dust cap on my hub is by Turbo Lube, and seems to be better quality. These are the brand he ordered for me. Won’t be in until next week sometime.

Parked my boat in my garage this past THU for the first time. Went to dinner SAT night with the fam, upon return, and backing into my garage, I see little black thing on my garage floor...yep...the FDL cap popped off all on its own. Great.
    Last edited by AZcal2021; 04-26-2021 at 07:27 AM.

11. Member
    Thanks. It’s a thread size problem. Gotta call tomorrow and see if Nitro or FDL can tell me what size it needs. The FDL website list 2 different sizes.

This is my 3rd Z21 in 5 years. I’m worried this is gonna be a lemon. Have an area on the floor where they cut the carpet wrong and it’s already coming up. After 2.5 days of ownership.