Under coating pealing off trailer fenders

I have a 2018 trx 20 patriot and the under coating started to peal off the trailer fenders. I turned it into my dealer while still under warranty. They are saying triton refused to warranty it. Anyone else have the same issue and can anything be done about it for triton to honor their warranty. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tooltimemn View Post
    I have a 2018 trx 20 patriot and the under coating started to peal off the trailer fenders. I turned it into my dealer while still under warranty. They are saying triton refused to warranty it. Anyone else have the same issue and can anything be done about it for triton to honor their warranty. Thanks
    That's a typical dealer response. It really pisses me off that they are all smiles at the time of sale, but when you go back in with any problem what so ever, they don't want to deal with it. It's been my experience that there is no service after the sell for the most part. If I were you, I'd raise hell and be persistent. You should not be having issues like that only 3 years after purchasing. If Triton won't warranty it, then they need to make the trailer manufacturer fix it. Just don't take no for an answer. They need to make this right for you !

3. Member
    2015 189 trx dealer said what do you want us to do about it... gray primer underneath was as slick as butter. I scuffed it up and did it myself with a rattle can of bed liner.
    2015 189 trx

Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    2015 189 trx dealer said what do you want us to do about it... gray primer underneath was as slick as butter. I scuffed it up and did it myself with a rattle can of bed liner.
    I would have come un-glued with that response from the dealer. My response to would have been "I want you to fix the damn thing"!!! I have ZERO patience for that kind of stuff these days. We pay thousands of dollars for these rigs and the dealers need to be our advocate with the manufacturers and make an effort to take care of the customer. But like I said before, that has not been my experience. Once you pull the boat off the show room floor, they are done with you. Maybe there are dealers out there who do take care of their customers, but I have not found one yet, nor have any of my fishing buddies who have boats. It's the same story time and time again.

5. Member
    The fun continues, according to WRM, dealer has not talked to them about the trailer. Plus, according to them I have a boat and motor registered, no trailer under my name.

Quote Originally Posted by tooltimemn View Post
    The fun continues, according to WRM, dealer has not talked to them about the trailer. Plus, according to them I have a boat and motor registered, no trailer under my name.
    Is WRM the trailer manufacturer? I'd continue to be insistent and hell bent on making them address and fix this issue for you. Seems like they always try to take the "ignore it, and maybe it will go away" approach. That just makes me that much more adamant to push for resolution. I feel your pain and hope they do the right thing.