Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need some advice on what's fair

So in Feb, I ordered a new Nitro Z21 pro. I got it just the way I wanted it custom color,300 hp, And more. It came in Friday so we went to look at it today. When we walked in we ask for the salesman he was with another costumer so we told her what we was there for. Then she said (oh the boat that came in all wrong) .Well we looked I had ordered a console instead of the middle seat.( got the middle seat) Ordered the humminbird not to be mounted so I could mount on the outside. (mounted in console) has a radio I did not order a radio. Ordered black jp and talon mounts (no black talon mounts) that can be fixed just order new ones. 52in ultrex is a 45in. Had ordered the $800 deck lights did not get them. And a couple more small things. saleman had already found 7 mistakes before we got there.

The big 2 are the middle I DO NOT LIKE THE MIDDLE SEAT AT ALL!.
    The graphs mounted in dash . The guy said they could put a metal plate on the dash and the mount the graphs. But It it a new bout I don't really want a middle plate.
    As for the seat he said he could remove the seat and put (some kind of console with carpet in it's place.

Now I don't want to be hard to get alone with but he is going to call Nitro Monday and see what they want to do.

What should I expect ?
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Member
    SUCKS! All of it!

What should you expect??

Expect getting exactly what you ordered and plan to pay for. And Nitro outta ensure this happens for you. The real loss you experience will be the got damn wait to correct it all.

IMO you should be accommodated for the incorrect order and wait time. I’d write emails to as many folks at Nitro/WRF as you can.

You have more control of the outcome than you think.

Sorry this happened to you man, hope it all works out for you the end. I pick up my new Z20 Pro on THU and I would be livid if half of your situation happened to me.
    Last edited by AZcal2021; 04-17-2021 at 04:59 PM.

3. Member
    Under no circumstance would accept that boat! If you’re going to spend $70k on a boat, it needs to be exactly what your ordered. I’m assuming you built it with BPS or Cabela’s? I ordered three weeks ago....sorry you have to deal with this.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigezsaint View Post
    Under no circumstance would accept that boat! If you’re going to spend $70k on a boat, it needs to be exactly what your ordered. I’m assuming you built it with BPS or Cabela’s? I ordered three weeks ago....sorry you have to deal with this.
    No I ordered from a dealer. But he did show me a print out of the order he sent nitro. It was their mistakes not the dealer. That's why he is going to call Nitro Monday to see what they want to do about it.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

5. Member
    Unfortunately it seems to be a common issue. I know at the local cabelas the dealer had a blue /white/black boat show up with bright red fiberglass fenders and it took months to resolve. The qc is pretty bad.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    It would depend on how well the issues could be taken care of and not look like a hacked up boat. Of course the radio would be on them because theres already holes and they can at least give you that for screwing up the order. Sounds like most can be fixed pretty easy, but I havent seen black talon brackets. That must be something new because I thought they were all silver.

7. Member
    Get what you order and I agree get the info out to as many Whire a river reps you can. Good luck

8. Member
    I could live with the radio but they would have to include it for free. They can switch the talon brackets and jack plate at the dealer. The dash plate would be my concern I would have to see how well the plate looked before I would take it. Shame the order got so messed up. You should definitely be compensated with some free options. If you don't like the way the boat is don't take it. You will regret it down the road. Make them make it right for you.

9. Member
    Hold out for what you ordered. Like Scott c said, if you don't, you will regret it down the road.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

10. Member
    That sucks. It doesn't sound like you need to be hard on the dealer as long as he gets you the boat you ordered. Everything can be fixed by the dealer except the center console. You don't want anything the dealer installs. It should be a glass console that is molded into the top cap. Nitro will need to give you a different boat. I'd expect them to build a new boat and move it to the front of the production line.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Easy, I would get the boat I ordered or walk out the door. I hate it for the dealer since it’s not their mistake but they are Nitro to you, meaning the two are pretty much partners to facilitate the selling of nitro boats. So I’m sure the dealer understands that any decision nitro makes reflects on them as well. I’m sure they’ll make it right but if they didn’t they’d be finding someone else to buy it. The console and graph issues alone would be deal breakers for me.

12. Member
    I agree with others. I would not take delivery of the boat and ask for my deposit back. Then start over with the requirement that any boat you order will be built and delivered on a priority basis. I would also ask for some extra equipment/options at no cost for the inconvenience and lost use of the boat while waiting for the one you ordered. Good luck!!
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

To be honest, I would walk away from the deal if they will cooperate and return any deposit. They will be able to sell this boat "very" easily with the demand for boats at this time...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

14. Member
    I agree with everyone above. You are paying a premium for this boat, there isn't any reason it shouldn't come in the way your ordered it. Go in with what you are looking for as compensation (Money, addition's, etc....) if they don't agree to it, let them know you are going to walk away and expect your deposit back, which is reasonable bc you signed the order sheet and made a deposit on that specific boat. I would expect they will bend over backwards, for the fact that they are going to have a hard time selling a boat that is expensive and highly customized.

15. Member
    they will refund your deposit on a boat that has order issues that they messed up as far as plates to put the depthfinders on there are several companies that make nice ones. make them a offer you can live with or get your money back an go with something else as far as putting you in the front of the line for s rebuild the line is long an they are building as many as they can all the builder are that way at this time.

16. Member
    Not quite the same but I ordered a Ranger aluminum which was completed in late January, 3 1/2 months after placing the order. Before it could be delivered it was hit by something sitting the factory lot and damaged beyond repair. The dealer was assured a replacement would be started the next week but 5 weeks later it had not. That is how I wound up with my Z18. If you do have to do a reorder I hope you have better luck than I did.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

17. Fishing is a Passion
    Did you check to see if this was not your boat to begin with. Sounds like wrong boat was delivered.

I would decline the entire order and wait until the correct order is filled. I would also ask for a replacement boat while yours is being corrected.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

18. Member
    that's definitely not your boat
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

19. Member
    a loaner boat is something not done for liability an the other times folks have loaned out boats an folks treating loaner boats like some do.

20. Member
    It sounds like they may have shipped the wrong boat. Im sure the dealer will figure out how to make it right.

It happens to the best of them. Back in the late 90's i ordered a brand new Champion and they built it... With the wrong colors. I ended up getting them to knock some serious coin off the boat price, i didn't tell them i liked the colors as delivered better than what i originally ordered.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast