Question Hydraulic steering kits

Has anyone tried either Mophore, or Vevor Hydraulic lits?
    If yes...Please give me your opinion.

Are these worth going with, or should I stick to the big names and bigger money?
    Thanks for your advice.

2. Member
    I'm guessing you're looking at the cheap kits on Amazon? I ended up with a China made helm pump a while back. . .looked exactly like a Teleflex or Uflex helm. Until I tried to bleed it, it would pump more fluid per turn going left than it would right. Yeah. Was not impressed, gut a proper Uflex 2.0 helm and it's excellent. IDK about those kits, they have lots of reviews, but I personally LOVE Uflex steering components, even more than teleflex. I feel like it pays dividends in safety to buy better steering components.

3. Member
    I think that your steering is the most important part of your boat for safety reasons.
    Don't skimp.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcotten View Post
    Has anyone tried either Mophore, or Vevor Hydraulic lits?
    If yes...Please give me your opinion.

Are these worth going with, or should I stick to the big names and bigger money?
    Thanks for your advice.
    What are you putting it on? I have a Panther "power steering" system taken from a Crestliner PT-18 with a 150 Mercury that you can have for the shipping charge. It is rated for 150 HP and below.

5. Member
    Thank you guys for your advice. Think I'll just come up with the Dinero for new big name . Good advice!