SHO sudden loss RPM

Weird one in my opinion.

2018 SHO, 120 hours

2 years ago, while running approx. 5000 rpms in the summer, all of a sudden, shuts down but not off. Stop the boat, turn off engine, raise motor to see if i ran into a gill net or something, nothing. Go on about the day and doesn't happen again until...

Last summer, same exact thing, happened twice that day. Engine never dies, and idles great, just a sudden loss of power while on plane a couple times that day. Doesn't happen again until, last week.

Last week, same thing, cruising on plane, approx. 3500 rpms and then boom, loss of power, kind of gains it again and then loss of power, so i shut it down, engine never dies, idles perfect. This time is different in that it continued this the rest of the day, i limped in finally.

I had 3 days to fish so I was just gonna idle around since dealer has a long waiting list. I go out the next 2 days and it ran perfect at all rpms even WOT at 70 mph. So im not sure whats going on since its so sparatic.

It has been serviced every year by dealer and had 100 hr service last fall.

Any ideas, it's almost like it loses fuel, but gains is back once the rpms drop enough. Some kind of vapor lock going on, idk, what do ya'll think?

2. Member
    "For my engine cutting out they replaced my gas cap and a vent line. Rather than precision cutting Skeeter has their folks cut their own hoses. Long is better than shorter, right? Well not so much. If the vent hose is too long gas will get stuck in the sag and the tank will not vent. Eventually it will evaporate out but with a full tank and a sharp turn it will fill up again."

Could this be the problem? The guy that wrote this, has the same year model Skeeter as me....

3. Member
    I’m going to say a vent issue. Doesn’t sound like a motor issue to me